Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 09:00 PM

1,877 posts, read 4,863,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Doesn't look like a very good part of town either.
I though most anything in the loop was pretty safe? (serious) If not, well, i is a gun club.(facetious)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 06:15 AM

905 posts, read 3,453,375 times
Really what is up with the name of this place??? Seems a bit odd to me. I cant see how the name will appeal to the target market.

As for the NC Music Factory, Noah Lazes and family has owned this property for awhile now. It is located in the NE corner of the city close the I-77 and 277 interchange is. I think it is an exciting project and will be a great addition to downtown.

NC Music Factory,

Old 07-17-2008, 06:36 AM

8,937 posts, read 20,360,557 times
Today, the word "paranoid" can be good thing! A website that just collects info from you......be careful, be VERY careful!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMT View Post
Is it common for these membership forms to ask for a Driver's license number? I understand that whole name and date of birth deal, but can't they verify if it's a real license by scanning my license when I pick up the membership card?

I guess my hesitation comes more just cuz the website doesn't have any other information other than a way to collect information, or am I just being too paranoid?

Old 07-17-2008, 08:32 AM

1,852 posts, read 5,218,076 times
Most memberships to the new clubs require Driver's license numbers. They don't want Social #'s, so its a way to differentiate Bob Smith from Bob Smith.

The name doesn't bother me, it's just a marketing ploy and eh. I am not a club goer per se.

Jake as gosocial stated a few groups out there get together for these things. CYP had a great Howl at the Moon event. (ouch it hurt the next morning though)

Old 07-17-2008, 08:44 AM

630 posts, read 1,877,219 times
Could someone explain the membership thing in clubs down here? I've seen other clubs where you need to be a member. Is it a certain law or something?

I'm used to clubs in Boston where you either waited in line or was a VIP. There was only one membership club but it was because it was after hours (2am-6am) and they didn't serve alcohol.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:48 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,663,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexysteve View Post
Could someone explain the membership thing in clubs down here? I've seen other clubs where you need to be a member. Is it a certain law or something?

I'm used to clubs in Boston where you either waited in line or was a VIP. There was only one membership club but it was because it was after hours (2am-6am) and they didn't serve alcohol.
If an establishment does not serve food, the only way to obtain the liquor license is to make the club or bar private. It's really superficial at most places and membership usually does nothing more than get you into the place.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:53 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
If an establishment does not serve food, the only way to obtain the liquor license is to make the club or bar private. It's really superficial at most places and membership usually does nothing more than get you into the place.
Yep, and management has to be able to prove they have members and that the membership list is legit - hence, they ask for DL info so they can prove that the list is genuine and not some faked up list just to get around regs re: serving alcohol.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:17 AM

Thanks for the info. Thats good to know.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:20 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,950,060 times
Thats why it also cost $10 before your by a beer at the Woody's bar in Downtown Huntersville.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:10 AM

I'll keep it in mind next time I journey to the vast expanse of wild and crazy Downtown Huntersville. With its store ... and its restaurant .. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: