U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 01:34 PM

2 posts, read 3,234 times

Advertisements

female looking for a sublease mid May near North Lake Mall. 22 years old, non smoker graduating senior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 04:08 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,720,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
You probably will want to get in a roommate situation at that price. Check Campus Edge and University Walk I think which are across 49 from the campus. They have separate leases for 3 or 4 bedroom places and set you up with roommates.

If you're a college kid, you will be OK. Just don't keep anything valuable in your car because breakins are pretty common. Otherwise, just use common sense in the area.

If you absolutely have to have your own place, check out Walden Court on 29 across from the research campus. (behind Bloom) I think they have 1 BDs for around 600.

I would say you could stretch that "safe" boundary to Harris west of University City Blvd. and Tryon north of where the new IKEAs going up near the 29-49 split. Anything south of there is sketchy.
You better not go to University walk. My son lived there and they are crooks. The lease is many pages long and they can throw you out and still force you to pay up the lease . They are the most unfair people I have ever seen.. The apartments have 4 rooms and each room is rented on a separate lease. Its not limited to students so at any time your roomates could be old people who arent even students but trashy people looking for a cheap room and after you sign the lease you have no rights. , They will not respond to any complaints you make either...This place is a con. The cops are there all the time because of drugs and fights and thieves and the management doesnt care after they get you to sign the lease...Im doing you a favor to tell you this ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte