U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2008, 07:14 PM

14 posts, read 37,147 times

Advertisements

Looking for an affordable 55+ community w/ pool, clubhouse etc.

2 / 3 bedrooms BUT not with high monthly maintenance. Del Webbs is nice but seems a little pricey.

Fort Mill or even west of Lake wylie would be nice.

Any input will be helpful.

Thanks,
Art
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2008, 08:15 PM

2,560 posts, read 7,709,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Fern View Post
Looking for an affordable 55+ community w/ pool, clubhouse etc.

2 / 3 bedrooms BUT not with high monthly maintenance. Del Webbs is nice but seems a little pricey.

Fort Mill or even west of Lake wylie would be nice.

Any input will be helpful.

Thanks,
Art
Check out Four Seasons on Gold Hill Rd in Fort Mill, SC off of I-77 and Exit 88 (Gold Hill Rd) towards Tega Cay.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 07-20-2008, 10:02 AM

1,798 posts, read 3,821,687 times
Try this link:

55+ Active Adult, Age Restricted & Active Lifestyle Communities - FREE Directory!

The you can click on the individual states by name on the left to get the complete list.

If you are going strictly by the prices on the website of SCCL, dont. Talk to a sales person because you can get much better deals. We actually ended up purchasing a mid-size house at SCCL and didn't think we could afford any there at all, either. Plus there are a lot of resales there right now as well, some less than $200k, although I think you could do just as well, if not better, by going with new. Depends on how much in a hurry you are to move. Make sure to take a buyer's agent with you (I can recommend one, if you DM me). Gold Hill would be resales and not new homes since they are not building there any more.

If you are looking for 55+ restricted, that's about the only two I know of. There are other places in that area advertising as "active adult", but they are NOT age restricted. Ryan has one called Sun Valley between Monroe and Matthews. We were going to buy there until we discovered they weren't actually age restricted, but then again I don't think they have a pool.

We did a lot of looking around when we were looking........feel free to DM me if you have any questions or just want to talk about it.

Just FYI.........The HOA dues at SCCL include basic cable with Comporium as well as twice weekly trash pickup along with your lawn/shrub maintenance. Not sure if you have actually been there, but the clubhouse (Lake House) is HUGE and they have a large number of clubs and activities going on. Where we live, trash is almost $35/month.....so that's a huge gain for us!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte