U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 09:00 PM

144 posts, read 257,645 times
Default piano anyone?

Hey, I was wondering if anyone here knows a good piano tuner and possibly someone who can restore one. My neighbor just sold her house and was going to throw away her piano and I decided to adopt it. Its a 1925 kurtzmann piano. Right now I really just wanna get it in working condition even though it more work wouldnt hurt it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 09:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,739 times
Hi, Where are you located? I had a Kurtzie for a long time, they are awesome pianos! The first thing - check out the soundboard for cracks. You can see it in back of the piano, underneath all the ribbing - it's looks like a massive panel made up of boards glued together. If it's an upright, you can take off the top, the upper front and the lower front and inspect the strings, the hammers and more. I'd love to help! You can contact me through my website - laughingeaglesoars.com

Old 01-28-2009, 08:29 PM

3 posts, read 9,645 times
I've been using James Baker to tune my old Steinway since we moved here a few years ago. He's great, personable and always on time. He's reasonable too....and fixes little things (and big ticket repairs, though not for me so far) including broken keytops, faulty pedals, etc.
(704) 517-6674
www.jamesbakerpianoservice.com

Hope it works out and you're soon tinkling the perfectly tuned ivories!

Last edited by ecrawfordw; 01-28-2009 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-28-2009, 12:25 PM

4 posts, read 5,142 times
This is not advertising...I have a piano (upright) that I would like to get rid of...all you have to do is move it yourself...Its sound board is not broken and it was tuned yearly...We are moving and do not want to take it with us...Kids are grown and I am looking for a good home for a wonderfully sounding piano...Any one????

Old 05-28-2009, 01:34 PM

327 posts, read 729,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyhobbs View Post
This is not advertising...I have a piano (upright) that I would like to get rid of...all you have to do is move it yourself...Its sound board is not broken and it was tuned yearly...We are moving and do not want to take it with us...Kids are grown and I am looking for a good home for a wonderfully sounding piano...Any one????
Check your PM - may be interested...

Old 05-28-2009, 01:34 PM
ASC

50 posts, read 86,593 times
I would LOVE to have that piano!

Old 05-28-2009, 07:26 PM

We are located in Fort Mill, SC Just over the border from Charlotte...Can you pick it up?

Old 05-29-2009, 01:37 PM
ASC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyhobbs View Post
We are located in Fort Mill, SC Just over the border from Charlotte...Can you pick it up?
I don't know if you're speaking to me or not, but if you are I can come pick it up, as soon as I can coordinate a time to get it, as I don't have a truck and I'd have to call my stepdad (he has a truck). This weekend possibly?

Old 05-29-2009, 02:32 PM

Default Piano reply

Dear ASC and LBIkid, I have another person interested and they are coming down to check it out...I am located in Fort Mill and our neighborhood is having a garage sale this weekend...I will be here there will be a sign out front with Piano For Sale $100.00 but I would like you to come take a look at it if you are interested...for you or the other couple interested I would let it go for free...It must be gone by the 18th of June...So first come first go...Thank you Kelly

Old 05-29-2009, 02:46 PM
ASC

I called my stepdad, and he can have the pick up and trailer ready as early as need be tomorrow. What are the chances of this piano still being available at 8:00am tomorrow morning?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte