U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 02:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,101 times

Advertisements

I personally have dealt with Niblock Homes. they are honest and caring people. The entire company cares. Annie raborn is someone that will assist you. She is in Mooresville at Ashlon Creek. New homes. Local owners not into million dollar homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 04:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,019 times
I don't recommend Niblock. They build nice looking homes but they don't go the extra mile to make them truely a quality home. On my home for example the bricks on the front of the house are being pushed off the house by the bricks on the side of the house. The reason is that the wrong type of brick support was put under the upper wedge of bricks. When contacted about this they said they had built it to the code enforced at that time. The code change shortly after they built my house in 1988. My feeling is that brick houses have been built for hundreds of years. Why would a truely quality builder just build to code and not know the dangers of not building it better. Their response is buyer be aware. If you want a quality house that wont fall apart on you stay away from Niblock and do your home work.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:55 AM

1,894 posts, read 5,725,143 times
Wanna see their quality, check out the sales trailer on Hubbard Road for the Hubbard Falls subdivision. Windows boarded up, weeds growing, no one in sight!

Old 12-07-2008, 05:19 PM

2,341 posts, read 4,045,152 times
You should be fair.

The house that Niblock is using as a construction office was there well before they started the Hubbard Falls development. The sales office is actually in the Hubbard Falls development. I'm guessing that the house is for use by workers(ie restrooms etc) and storage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallisteve View Post
Wanna see their quality, check out the sales trailer on Hubbard Road for the Hubbard Falls subdivision. Windows boarded up, weeds growing, no one in sight!

Old 12-07-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
You should be fair.

The house that Niblock is using as a construction office was there well before they started the Hubbard Falls development. The sales office is actually in the Hubbard Falls development. I'm guessing that the house is for use by workers(ie restrooms etc) and storage.
I would be fair if they didn't leave an eye sore in my part of town.

I wasn't here before Hubbard Falls, but I'd bet the office/house I'm talking about wasn't existing. It looks modular. The two houses that are for certain pre-Hubbard Falls are across the street from this little office.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:18 AM

1,865 posts, read 4,783,186 times
Quote:

I wasn't here before Hubbard Falls, but I'd bet the office/house I'm talking about wasn't existing. It looks modular. The two houses that are for certain pre-Hubbard Falls are across the street from this little office.

Are you sure it's not the contractor's trailer? I know they had one in my sub while they were still building. Now it's over at Ashlyn Creek.

BxRosie

Old 12-08-2008, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
Are you sure it's not the contractor's trailer? I know they had one in my sub while they were still building. Now it's over at Ashlyn Creek.

BxRosie
It could be...but it sure looks like a sales office. If it's a contractor's trailer/office, it's the nicest one I've ever seen. In either case, it's right off of Hubbard Rd. and an eye sore for the area. Not cool for a builder to do to a neighborhood.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:37 AM

63 posts, read 321,906 times
Niblock is an excellent builder (was my second choice after Saussy Burbank which I went with). I do think their upgrades are more expensive to other comparable builders, but they build a great product and have wonderful service.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:38 PM

You would loose that bet.

I WAS here before Hubbard Falls.

Like I said the first time, the house was there before they arrived. The sales office is around the corner off Sugar Creek. I don't know what they use that house for, but they certainly did not build it. IF you have complaints, contact your council person or the Derita Stateville group or your homeowners association. There are plenty of us that trying to do constructively work with the builder during this off period. The sooner they build out, the better for all of us in the neighborhood.

I have a much bigger issue with the house at the end of Hubbard that has been under construction by some individual for the last few years. That's a bigger eyesore to me.

Quote:

Last edited by baybook; 12-08-2008 at 12:41 PM.. Reason: updated

Old 12-08-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post

BxRosie
Yes, it is the contractors site. They are using a home that was on the edge of the site prior to the start of the construction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte