U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 02:30 PM

4,280 posts, read 10,035,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
WARNING TO ALL PARENTS OF YOUNG CHILDREN - it goes by very fast, enjoy them while you can!
The DW and I were watching 'Dan in Real Life' last night (which I highly recommend) and I got a lump in my throat. In just a few short years I will be dealing with two teenage daughters.

We take tons of photos and cherish every day knowing they are but fleeting moments.

Your son will be fine at college, at least they have AC now.
My mother cried all the way home after they left me in a 100+ degree room on an August afternoon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 06:30 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,023,037 times
Hey, Loves! You know . . . it may be your son's b/day . . . but from one mom to another - it is really your big day.

I send my mom flowers on my b/day. She is the one who did all the work to get me here, LOL!!!

Yes, the years fly by . . . and I know exactly what you mean about wondering how you will watch him walk out that door and off to college . . .

It may be 19 years since you delivered that precious baby who is now so grown up - but "Congratulations" is still quite in order, I believe. :-)

Old 07-21-2008, 07:13 PM

3,662 posts, read 8,670,326 times
I'm 29, my brother is 26, and my sister is 36, all Presby babies!

Old 07-21-2008, 07:35 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,319,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
I'm 29, my brother is 26, and my sister is 36, all Presby babies!
Now that is SO cool!!!! But would somebody please tell me how in the heck my baby got to be 19 when I'm on 25 myself

Old 07-21-2008, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Hey, Loves! You know . . . it may be your son's b/day . . . but from one mom to another - it is really your big day.

I send my mom flowers on my b/day. She is the one who did all the work to get me here, LOL!!!

Yes, the years fly by . . . and I know exactly what you mean about wondering how you will watch him walk out that door and off to college . . .

It may be 19 years since you delivered that precious baby who is now so grown up - but "Congratulations" is still quite in order, I believe. :-)
Ani, you are so sweet, thanks for the kind thoughts - knew YOU would understand what today feels like for me

Old 07-22-2008, 07:09 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,144,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
That is so neat! Wonder how many Presby babies we have around town in your age range?
Here's one!!! Summer of 1958! Coming up on the big 50 in a few weeks!

Old 07-22-2008, 07:13 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,484,987 times
I did not look at the author of this thread but the title did not interest me to look in lol due to certain things but

Congradulations on giving birth to a son who is also giving to the community.
My mom still likes to celebrate my birthday in which I try to not keep track of how old I am but I do know the year I was born and your thread proves my point I try to make with her over birthday that it really should not be the one who is birth celebrating but the one who put a new life in the world celebrating and your thread does just that.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I did not look at the author of this thread but the title did not interest me to look in lol due to certain things but

Congradulations on giving birth to a son who is also giving to the community.
My mom still likes to celebrate my birthday in which I try to not keep track of how old I am but I do know the year I was born and your thread proves my point I try to make with her over birthday that it really should not be the one who is birth celebrating but the one who put a new life in the world celebrating and your thread does just that.
Awwww...thanks Sunny - you know me - just a proud mom - JUST LIKE YOURS

Old 07-22-2008, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlat View Post
Here's one!!! Summer of 1958! Coming up on the big 50 in a few weeks!
I find this just fascinating, thanks for posting and HAPPY BIRTHDAY in advance! I am loving seeing some of our "more mature" Presby babies show up here

Old 07-22-2008, 08:17 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,543,846 times
Oh, Loves, how many times have I told you that it's going to be OK. My oldest will be 39 August 11, the other is 35 and, believe it or not, I still cry when they leave! But, you know, as Sunny says, I know that they are giving back to the community - as is yours - and that makes it almost OK.

And don't worry about Z in NYC. You'll love visiting him and hearing about his adventures in that town which is sooo wonderful for young people. Besides now with LD telephone service what it is, it's not like it was when we left home and only talked to the family every once a month or so. The first time I left home for France I only talked to my family at Christmas and on my birthday in April. It's hard for me to believe given the fact that I speak to my kids now almost every day. Ma Bell may have her weaknesses, but she's certainly made life easier for us empty nesters.

The Girls Night Outers will take you out for a cosmo every night the week that he leaves. You won't even know he's gone ....maybe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or