Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2008, 04:27 PM

117 posts, read 294,248 times

Advertisements

Hi Im 22 and moving to charlotte very very soon and I am looking for a place that is preferably walking distance from nightlife, young community (20s) and bigger than 800 sqr feet for a 2 bed(not that big). I am on a low budget basically because I'm poor and I wont make alot starting right out of college. Ive spent my time reseraching and even stopping by a few places on my visit and Im interested in the south end area and uptown if I can find a place I can afford. My budget is about 1k split between 2 ppl. Is this possible? I just wanted to see if you guys could give me a better insight. I know you probably get similiar requests all the time but I really do appreciate any advice that you have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 06:59 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,720,939 times
Wish I could give you more detailed info, but you've got the right idea. South End and Uptown would be good places to look. You should be able to find something in your price range. As an alternative, you might want to try Birkdale Village. It's far out, but it might offer the type of lifestyle you're looking for also.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:59 AM

4 posts, read 9,759 times
NODA is probably your best bet for finding a place that is reasonable and where you could walk to nightlife or get a cheap cab uptown.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:10 AM

184 posts, read 358,342 times
First Ward Place Apartments would be ideal for you- there's a good amount of young professionals in there and you are basically stumbling distance from uptown

Old 11-17-2008, 03:54 PM

117 posts, read 294,248 times
Just so you guys know, Im from charlotte. Lived in beverly woods (near south park) most my life however Ive been away for the last 4 years at school. That said I don't know much about crime statistics downtown but isnt 1st ward kinda gheto? Also I should probably reorganize my living priorities in this order: within budget, younger community (20s), proximity to living necessities (groceries etc), poximity to nightlife, proximity to work (south park area). My biggest obstactle so far is just not knowing what apartments or condos are out there for rent with craiglist and sites like rent.com my only refference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: