U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-23-2008, 06:34 PM
 
Location: Cornelius
3,665 posts, read 6,516,904 times
Reputation: 773

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgregg78 View Post
Well, maybe when I move to Charlotte, I'll know who he is
Well based on your earlier response, I think you will very much enjoy his show. Tune in to 1110 AM from 3-6pm.

 
Old 07-23-2008, 06:36 PM
 
Location: Cornelius
3,665 posts, read 6,516,904 times
Reputation: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
E-mail's probably a fake, and if not, the person writing it is a fake. It's silly to take that, or Jeff Katz seriously.
Sure there fella. They actually tried contacting him and he has not responded. And who would joke about this sort of thing?

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 07-24-2008 at 06:09 AM.. Reason: P.A.
 
Old 07-23-2008, 06:36 PM
 
2,582 posts, read 2,474,972 times
Reputation: 1846
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Well based on your earlier response, I think you will very much enjoy his show. Tune in to 1110 AM from 3-6pm.
Yeah...If you like right-wing windbags as pompous as Rush Limbaugh but without the sense of humor, Jeff Katz is your man.
 
Old 07-23-2008, 06:38 PM
 
Location: Cornelius
3,665 posts, read 6,516,904 times
Reputation: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
Yeah...If you like right-wing windbags as pompous as Rush Limbaugh but without the sense of humor, Jeff Katz is your man.
It's ok to hate the truth, that's your right. He may be a little arrogant, but he speaks the truth.
 
Old 07-23-2008, 07:11 PM
 
549 posts, read 1,135,536 times
Reputation: 212
Just to play devil's advocate I took the guy's letter line-by-line and thought about what he was really trying to say.

Quote:
Hey look Rabbi Katz, Oy vey. So many of us are sick and tired of this same ole crybaby crapola concerning the precious brave troops in Iraq or Afghan.
I have to admit that the praise that some people heap on members of the armed forces gets a little bit old especially when the same people condem the wars that they're fighting.

Quote:
They have accomplished nothing.Screw these troops. They are fighting a political power grab oil war
It's hard to argue against that.

Quote:
and besides they were such losers they joined up because they do could nothing else.
Some people join out of a sense of duty but it is certainly possible that a good number of people in the armed forces are there because they do not have better opportunities in the private sector.

Quote:
What are we supposed to do? Feel sympathy for them? Please.... They didnt have to go fight for Bushs screwball war.
Good point. It is volunteer army. If they got in or voluntarily stayed in knowing that there were ongoing wars in Afghanistan and Iraq then they knew what they were getting into.

Quote:
Again, we are sick to death of these crybaby troops who joined to for self interest glory reasons or because they are losers to be involved in this idiot war.
There's no doubt that a lot of troops joined up out of self interest whether it was the chance for glory on the battlefield or going to college on the GI bill.

Quote:
These troops get what they deserve and they are costing us taxpayers trillions. Dont cry for these idiots. They are protecting noone. They are seeking glory as losers. They should be working paying taxes instead of costing us bigtime.
Our soldiers, sailors, and airmen stand ready to protect us, and for that I'm grateful, but it in these wars they aren't really protecting the US.

Quote:
We hate these crybaby troops. We despise this phony sympathy they garner. We detest those who defend them or those stupid yellow ribbons. Please.....
The wars in Afghanistan and Iraq aren't like WWII or Vietnam in that a very small percentage of the US population has made any real sacrifice for the war. The yellow ribbons do seem like a hollow gesture.

Quote:
Bring them all home. Put them to work and get them out of our wallets.

Screw all these whiny crybaby TROOPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They have accomplished nothing.

Jake the Snake your pal
It's hard to argue that the quagmires in Afghanistan and Iraq have accomplished anything other than running up our national debt and creating new enemies for the US abroad.
 
Old 07-23-2008, 07:14 PM
 
Location: Cornelius
3,665 posts, read 6,516,904 times
Reputation: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
I see you have been trained well by talk radio. Excellent leap in logic. You really had to stretch to jump to that conclusion. How is it that perfectly intelligent people can be brainwashed like that?
You obviously don't listen to his show either, and if you did, you would know that Jeff is a very genuine individual. He would do nothing of the sort to create a ploy such as you describe. Do you also think 9/11 is a conspiracy?

So, back to the OP and about the troops. This type of email comes from the same camp that spit on our Vietnam heroes, and it's from the same group that spit on our troops this week. So coped, I must ask you, do you fall in this same camp?
 
Old 07-23-2008, 07:15 PM
 
2,582 posts, read 2,474,972 times
Reputation: 1846
Agreed in many ways, Palmetto Heel. Though I think the guy's mistake was equating the troops as with the errands politicians have sent them. That's crossing the line, and allows people like Jeff Katz to use it for their political gain.
 
Old 07-23-2008, 07:18 PM
 
Location: Cornelius
3,665 posts, read 6,516,904 times
Reputation: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto Heel View Post
Just to play devil's advocate I took the guy's letter line-by-line and thought about what he was really trying to say.



I have to admit that the praise that some people heap on members of the armed forces gets a little bit old especially when the same people condem the wars that they're fighting.



It's hard to argue against that.



Some people join out of a sense of duty but it is certainly possible that a good number of people in the armed forces are there because they do not have better opportunities in the private sector.



Good point. It is volunteer army. If they got in or voluntarily stayed in knowing that there were ongoing wars in Afghanistan and Iraq then they knew what they were getting into.



There's no doubt that a lot of troops joined up out of self interest whether it was the chance for glory on the battlefield or going to college on the GI bill.



Our soldiers, sailors, and airmen stand ready to protect us, and for that I'm grateful, but it in these wars they aren't really protecting the US.



The wars in Afghanistan and Iraq aren't like WWII or Vietnam in that a very small percentage of the US population has made any real sacrifice for the war. The yellow ribbons do seem like a hollow gesture.



It's hard to argue that the quagmires in Afghanistan and Iraq have accomplished anything other than running up our national debt and creating new enemies for the US abroad.
Really Palmetto? You're actually attempting to legitimize this guy? Or are you really just playing devil's advocate? Seems to me you're buying into his vile disregard for our nation's heroes. I had more respect for you than that.
 
Old 07-23-2008, 07:19 PM
 
2,582 posts, read 2,474,972 times
Reputation: 1846
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
You obviously don't listen to his show either, and if you did, you would know that Jeff is a very genuine individual. He would do nothing of the sort to create a ploy such as you describe. Do you also think 9/11 is a conspiracy?

So, back to the OP and about the troops. This type of email comes from the same camp that spit on our Vietnam heroes, and it's from the same group that spit on our troops this week. So coped, I must ask you, do you fall in this same camp?
There is no "camp." Your argument is a non-starter. Again, you're falling back on cheap debate tricks. Are you seriously going to equate me thinking a talk radio host could have pulled a cheap trick to create buzz (as he has here) with believing a national tragedy was a conspiracy? Another GIANT leap. If you have something of substance to say, I'll respond.
 
Old 07-23-2008, 07:19 PM
 
Location: Cornelius
3,665 posts, read 6,516,904 times
Reputation: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
Agreed in many ways, Palmetto Heel. Though I think the guy's mistake was equating the troops as with the errands politicians have sent them. That's crossing the line, and allows people like Jeff Katz to use it for their political gain.
Last time I checked Jeff Katz wasn't running for office. I really can't believe what I'm reading...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top