U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 01:13 PM

3 posts, read 24,483 times

Advertisements

It all basically boils down to the fact that it's mankind's deviance coming out to play. Many who frequent prostitutes and/or use their services are probably just doing it for the thrill.

(My caveat: I apologize if any of what I am saying has been discussed in previous posts. I admit, I didn't read all pages before submitting my own thoughts.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 02:01 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,009,663 times
Well, after all the discussion, I think my main aggravation has come down to law enforcement spending time and resources on this type of sting operation . .. rather than getting out and tracking down the thugs who are breaking into our homes.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:23 PM

4,222 posts, read 6,710,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Well, after all the discussion, I think my main aggravation has come down to law enforcement spending time and resources on this type of sting operation . .. rather than getting out and tracking down the thugs who are breaking into our homes.
You are absolutely correct. My concern is with crimes of horror, not victimless crimes that have absolutely no affect on me.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandibadji View Post
You are absolutely correct. My concern is with crimes of horror, not victimless crimes that have absolutely no affect on me.
So I guess we should write our law enforcement and tell them - we ain't impressed - and get out there and nab the bad guys . . . Let the IRS deal w/ pimps, hookers, illicit massage parlors, etc. Now if someone is being forced into the sex industry - then that should be addressed - but I thought that was the jurisdiction of the FBI or ICE - not our local cops.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:38 PM

19,813 posts, read 55,771,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandibadji View Post
First, I wasn't refering to prostitutes. I was responding to comments about topless bars. Secondly, I said, "It is possible". So your comment about my comments being "insulting to women" might be a bit overstated?
I don't see what Bobe Bryant had to do with anything I mentioned. He allegedly raped some **** that went to his hotel room with him. I don't see halos around either head. I am curious. Are you concerned about the fact that prostitution is illegal or the soul of the sinner that participates?
I care about careless comments about women when the speaker doesn't know them or their circumstances. Suggesting that a man might go to a topless bar b/c his wife needed to fix herself up more is insulting to women. Men go to topless bars (and prostitutes) for reasons that have nothing to do with their wives or girlfriends or lack thereof. It has everything to do with the man's psychological makeup. And for you to refer to the young woman who went to Kobe Bryant's room as a **** is also insulting since you don't know her. I don't really care about johns or prostitutes but I do care about the waste of money spent, as Ani has pointed out, on a cause when so many violent crimes are committed daily. And I take exception to men who carelessly insult women without thinking.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:22 PM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,823,696 times
The reason I like the money spent on catching any crime is that you have to stop crime at any point you find it. The person doing the crime needs to know that we will not tolerate any crime in this area. A lot of times the people dealing in this type crime are also dabbling in other crimes. I have a friend whose husband is in law enforcement. She once mentioned some crime was too lowly for them to deal with, that they had more important things to do. My answer to that was that the petty crimes are many times connected to bigger crimes. When you catch a person in the petty crime, you may be catching the person doing the bigger crimes too. In my opinion, there is no crime too small to be attended to by law enforcement. All crimes need to be stopped.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:29 PM

109 posts, read 365,506 times
Default ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Jizzmore View Post
There is something going on in this young country called America. I blame it on the ultra high stress levels. When i'm ready to flip out and physically want to punch the living daylights out of some dumb non educated lowlife., nothing does my body good than having a nice backrub massage by a nice attractive lady who knows how to do it.

I never get treated this way from my wife, she would never make me dinner let alone massage me. She justs tells me her problems,asks me for money and goes about her business. I can see why prostitution is a huge business. Most every guy I know wishes he never did it and stayed single enjoying the thousands of young flirtacious honies that live amonst him.

Massage parlors are a much needed venue to keep the males from becomming out of control. Women scoff at sexual relations, men genetically need it.Especially here in America where you pay no matter what anyway. It's a fact.

First off I doubt you are married, and if you are...poor girl. I love my wife to pieces, do I get ALL that I want exactly when I want it, no. If women put out as much as men wanted, the balance of power would shift in the universe, and life as we know it would cease to exist. So either get a divorce or be "Happy to J-zz More" by yourself. Oh, wait who is that over your shoulder "Happy, you got some 'splaining to do".

Old 07-28-2008, 10:40 PM

109 posts, read 365,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchypants View Post
. Many who frequent prostitutes and/or use their services are probably just doing it for the thrill.
Dude, the "thrill" of getting VD or AIDS is some excitement I can do without.

Old 08-24-2008, 01:05 AM

8 posts, read 22,135 times
Default There is such a thing of un professional and professional prostitutes!

I just happen to be awake; thought I would see what is on City Data Forum. Okay the Subject is Prostitutes, like I said you have unprofessional ones and professional ones. I do agree that the Johns need to posted as well as the ladies of the night. What you are missing out on is a story behind every prostitute, Why? What? How? They do what they do. Back in the late 70's almost 1978 I work in food service at one of the best hotel in the city, after work we would go to illegal bars. One place was a dance hall, I met a Professional Prostitute who look like a model out of a magazine, she stop and talk with me, her pay was 500 along with her pimp who is now her husband with one son and grandchildren. My point, she like making the money because she got pay by the hour and she could make 5000 in a week then. Now on the other hand, there were two young ladies who I went to high school with that decided to be prostitutes, now their pay was street pay, whatever the offer was they did their thing. Today they are both mothers with children. I have even seen a mother put her twelve year old out on the street to become a prostitute then she get pregnant and have a daughter and do the same with her daughter. Imagine a pretty young girl turning into a prostitute before she is sixteen or seventeen. My job was to help two prostitutes change their life around, I did, one had five children one kept by the foster care system. All I did was ask her to follow me to church or go with me to church, stay in touch, help her out when I could, which eventally after three to four months turning her life around. After six months she work and got a car and started acting like a mother along with having another child. On the other hand my next lady friend had given up hope, walking the streets with the same clothes, hair nappy, just out of it. I was led to stop, ask her to sit down in my car, told her that God loves you and I do too. After that she started crying, tears flowing down her face, she told me you are the first person who has ever stop to say something to me, everybody else just look and talk and laugh. I told her, I consider myself a human being that do not judge on the appearance from the outside but from the heart. I became her friend, sometimes I would give her five dollars at a time, even clothes. Just to see and know someone cares. One thing I can say, it could be you, you never know what curve ball will be throw your way. Just believe that God will make a way in case your life changes from good to bad or worst. That young lady is a soul, like all of us, we are souls, life throws curve balls at some of us, and sometimes we do not know have to handle the curve or ball. Situations comes to make you a better person, but everyone in life needs a helping hand and a shoulder to lean on. Yes, there are some ladies of the night and hour who work for their pimp, and they are too afraid to get out of the game, then there are some ladies who are just strung out on drugs that prostituting is their fast money allowance to keep the high going. Some died by pimps, and johns, some end up converted, with our society and generation we forget we are all just fifthy rages born from the ground dust ashes to ashes and dust to dust, when we leave this earth and ground we perish and our bodies decade back to dust. The only existent is our spirit which is our soul that goes back to the father. Now by me saying this, I feel right now someone will probably say I was born from my mother. In the physical sense yes, but who perform the seeds into man to produce the woman to have children. It definitely wasn't magic, it is Gods phenomenon spiritual power undescribe knowledge of how he did what he did to discover man and woman. Next, you will probably say I always have to talk spiritual. No I do not have to speak spiritual but I speak with wisdom, because this generation today is losing respect for wisdom and grace, and mercy. Wisdom is knowledge, knowledge is getting understanding, after understanding comes discernment, and then Big Mama,"that's me, Peace!"

Old 08-24-2008, 08:17 AM

Angels, bless you for reaching out and helping others. Yes, people come to places in their lives by bad choices and sometimes the choices are out of desperation and not knowing where else to turn. Everyone needs a parent to lead the way, but not everyone has a good parent. That means - finding a mentor (teacher, church member, coach, etc). It is a wonderful thing when a person reaches out and finds a way to help someone onto a new path.

I so agree with you - many in this younger generation have lost respect for wisdom and grace - and mercy. The violence and disrespect we see speaks to that. At the core, I believe, is no respect for SELF.

I applaud you for trying to make a difference. I fear that I have become rather jaded, as I see people "turn their lives around" for a few months, then lapse back into the same bad habits. If one does not have inner strength (and the wisdom of which you speak) . . . then there is no foundation to build on . . . That is where discernment comes in - knowing how to make good decisions - and the strength of character to overcome and succeed.

I do believe most women working as prostitutes have very sad stories (the "street" types you mention). . . and it seems to me, many are supporting a drug habit. I think attacking the habit rather than the individual is a more realistic way of dealing w/ prostitutes. Even w/ help to kick an addiction, people still need skills, tho, that will allow them to support themselves. I don't think there is an easy fix. At the core of change has to be commitment . . . and perhaps having a mentor or guide could be the key to seeing people change their lives.

I hope you will stay so positive and committed to helping others. Society needs more people like you who are willing to reach out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or