Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 10:55 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,536,278 times

Advertisements

All those in denial..... I challenge you to walk from the Sherrif's Dept. to the Police Sub Station in the evening when it's Dark. Saturday evenings around 10-11pm are the best! Take some notes and let us know how managed. If you really want to try your luck, make sure you wear a bullet proof vest and hit it around 1 or 2am. - Yo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 10:58 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,302,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
All those in denial..... I challenge you to walk from the Sherrif's Dept. to the Police Sub Station in the evening when it's Dark. Saturday evenings around 10-11pm are the best! Take some notes and let us know how managed. If you really want to try your luck, make sure you wear a bullet proof vest and hit it around 1 or 2am. - Yo!
You stil refuse to answer my question, don't you?

WHAT IS YOUR STORY? WHY DO YOU HAVE THIS BIAS?

You seem to not grasp the concept that NOONE is going to listen to you when you are this biased and unobjective.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:58 AM

Hey Brian- Go check it out and see for yourself.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:06 AM

Nobody acknowledges the UNC Professor that was killed - what's the matter?
So you recall the farm land and cattle that roamed the area before the Hilton and hospital were built. If so, you should have first hand knowledge of the crime in the area today.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:11 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,348,647 times
Quote:
Nobody acknowledges the UNC Professor that was killed - what's the matter?.

Seems like people all the time are being killed in areas where the reporters say, "has stunned this quiet community" and the neighbors say, "nothing like this has ever happened before...".

But seriously...I want the hooker card.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:16 AM

2,115 posts, read 7,059,335 times
Brian,

I'm hysterical.

Maybe he'll scan the hooker card in for our review.

Sara

Old 03-30-2009, 11:19 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
Quote:
Originally Posted by saralee View Post
Brian,

I'm hysterical.

Maybe he'll scan the hooker card in for our review.

Sara

That would be awesome!!!

Complete with email address: ginger@heyyouwannagoout.com

I'm dying to see it.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:04 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,302,796 times
Quote:
Nobody acknowledges the UNC Professor that was killed - what's the matter?
So you recall the farm land and cattle that roamed the area before the Hilton and hospital were built. If so, you should have first hand knowledge of the crime in the area today.
WHAT UNCC professor that was killed??? There was a UNCC instructor beaten and robbed in uptown Charlotte last fall - but he wasn't killed. And that didn't even happen in the University area!!! What the heck are you talking about???

Old 03-30-2009, 12:57 PM

1,894 posts, read 6,435,226 times
Alright...you got me [nonCharlotte]Mike. I have to give in. Here is an excerpt from my very own diary. Horrific...that's all I can say...

(it's best if you read it with an "out of breath" type of emotion...really gets the effect across!)
Quote:
Day 372 of living in the UC.
Things are getting rough. Other people are figuring out my shortcut backroads into Concord Mills. It now takes me 13 minutes (instead of the old 10 minutes) to get to Bass Pro Shops from my front door. If it gets any worse, I'll be forced to take 85North and endure the wrath of the highway people.

Tried to go to Home Depot yesterday. Despite campfire ghost stories of murdered college professors in the vicinity, folks were in typical form. Soccer mommys, bank exec's-turned-weekend-yard-warriors, and the regular rough-and-tumble GC's...they were all there impeeding my progress through the store. This in turn made me fall victim to the Home Depot paradox...more time in country = more cash leaving pocket. It's been bloody for the bank account, but I think it'll survive.

Stopped in Harris Teeter on the way home...GASP! I saw a black guy! I didn't know what to do! Should I run up and get an autograph in anticipation of him being an athlete...or should I reach for my piece in anticipation for the worst?!?!? I couldn't breath! Paralyzed with fear, I stood there! He passed with his cart full of pampers and a pack of strawberrys...kids in tow...cutting me an odd look. It was life changing...

The drive home was uneventful. As I passed 230 E WT Harris, I clinched the steering wheel...ready to mow down some hookers if they got in my way, trying to hand me a "business card." Luckily, the bumper will live to see another day and I didn't have to get the hose out to spray it down...again.

As I retired for the evening, I could only hope for the Cardinals and Robins to stop their whistling and the creek to hurry up and drain the land and stop the babbling brook sound from outside my window. Afterall...this is the UC...it's not supposed to be this nice. I don't want myself being lulled by these false occurences.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallisteve View Post
Alright...you got me [nonCharlotte]Mike. I have to give in. Here is an excerpt from my very own diary. Horrific...that's all I can say...

(it's best if you read it with an "out of breath" type of emotion...really gets the effect across!)

You sure you weren't playing Grand Theft Auto?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte