U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 02:21 PM

462 posts, read 1,685,333 times

Advertisements

Just stumbled upon this forum today and man it has been helpful with some questions I had running around my mind. TIA for that!
My wife and I are in the process of building a home in Lexington Commons. Does anyone have any feedback on this community? At this point and time we are not 100% satisfied with the builder or more the people that they choose to represent them and are seriously on the verge of pulling the deal. Unfortunatly, my wife really loves the house and she is keeping me from doing anything drastic at this point because of that and the fact that she does not want to have to battle with these people over getting our deposits back and having that money tied up if we were to go to a new builder. It's sad because we were so excited about our new home and move but the constant mistakes and the builders lack of care to keep it's customers satisfaction is making this whole experience misrable. I could go on and on but I will spare you from the book I could write. So at this point I would like to get some feedback on the community to see if all these other stresses are worth it in the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2007, 02:55 PM

218 posts, read 187,600 times
I actually have a client under contract in that neighborhood right now. I'm not a huge fan of Homelife, but they loved the home and the neighborhood. I think it is a nice neighborhood and the few people I have met while over there were very friendly.

The only drawback in my opinion is that Lexington Commons has been annexed into the city of Monroe, which means the city school district.

I'm not sure if you are aware, but the city of Monroe does not get along with the rest of Union county. They did a lot of stupid things back 20-30 years ago, it didn't work, and then they tried to sue Union county and lost. The city wasted a lot of money on that, and have nothing to show for it. The city has it's own school system seperate from the rest of Union county. I would have a problem recommending anyone with kids to move there.

Old 01-23-2007, 06:47 PM

414 posts, read 1,269,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
Just stumbled upon this forum today and man it has been helpful with some questions I had running around my mind. TIA for that!
My wife and I are in the process of building a home in Lexington Commons. Does anyone have any feedback on this community? At this point and time we are not 100% satisfied with the builder or more the people that they choose to represent them and are seriously on the verge of pulling the deal. Unfortunatly, my wife really loves the house and she is keeping me from doing anything drastic at this point because of that and the fact that she does not want to have to battle with these people over getting our deposits back and having that money tied up if we were to go to a new builder. It's sad because we were so excited about our new home and move but the constant mistakes and the builders lack of care to keep it's customers satisfaction is making this whole experience misrable. I could go on and on but I will spare you from the book I could write. So at this point I would like to get some feedback on the community to see if all these other stresses are worth it in the end.

Homelife is pretty bad. Did you get a buyers agent? If they don't start fixing things its probably best to pull out and be out 5k then 175k. good luck

Old 01-23-2007, 07:19 PM

7,929 posts, read 17,766,482 times
charlotte that is the 1st im hearing of that, great info people have asked alot of about monroe and never seemed to have gotten a straight answer..our friend was looking in Monroe also not knowing...May I ask how do you know which are the City schools of monroe?

because some of the schools have a monroe address but are part of another town...

Old 01-23-2007, 07:40 PM

476 posts, read 1,451,714 times
First I hear of the Monroe thing too. Thanks so much. For us, the right school comes before the house.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:06 PM

Hey Mik, how the heck are ya????

Old 01-23-2007, 08:08 PM

No email from you today...LOL....

Old 01-29-2007, 08:57 AM

bump. bump bump

Old 02-07-2007, 11:26 AM

Still looking for feedback. Anyone, Anyone, Bueller?

Old 02-07-2007, 04:01 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,663,584 times
Default lexington commons

Our realtor told us not to look there b/c she siad the community was having slow and troublesome start..I didn't push for details but I trust her. We are currently builing in St. john's forest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or