U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 01:45 PM

7 posts, read 17,148 times
It's interesting she messaged me to say I had a great post, yet you criticized it. It's a shame you were not as intelligent. Maybe you were just bored. Maybe you should just leave real estate to the people who understand it, and go back to watching your cartoons.

By the way, as of this post, MSN Money has Charlotte in the top 5 strongest real estate markets. But, I assume you'll take the Charlotte Observer's biased word over there's too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
You put down the Observer and then got a tiny shot in on that Sunny believed what was printed. You then cite Relocate-America to back up your own argument.

You sure you're a realtor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 01:58 PM

8,242 posts, read 9,609,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNC3 View Post

By the way, as of this post, MSN Money has Charlotte in the top 5 strongest real estate markets. .
A realtor cutting and pasting a sunshine article from a magazine. Where have we seen this before.

In areas 1-10 & 99 in the Charlotte region, home sales YOY are down 25-40% YOY, sellers are only getting approx 85-90% of asking price (which does not include reductions and concessions, which will make the percentage worse than reported).

I can post actual DATA or since you are a realtor, why don't you post this information for us and tell us the real story instead of hiding behind a publication?

Old 03-08-2009, 03:29 PM

34,661 posts, read 40,379,586 times
I guess the MSN Money people must be talking to the CNN people who posted that the South is where the jobs are . . .

Old 03-08-2009, 04:43 PM

2,529 posts, read 3,748,228 times
Poor Coupon Jack! He lately seems to be getting constantly excoriated for mentioning that the "Housing Emperor" has no clothes. While the Housing Emperors of California and Florida are bent-over naked, the Charlotte Housing Emperor does have a fairly small loincloth. Fair Loincloth - Wasn't he a NC Senator?

New construction - both here and everywhere has come to almost a complete halt. With all of those bank layoffs occuring with a few dozen people being shown the door every day, things are probably going to get worse for the next year or so, before they get better. Of course if you're one of those Merrill-Lynch employees that got the $13,000,000 bonus, or even more, now would be a good time to be house-hunting in Myers Park for those bargains! As the realtors are so wont to say, "Now is a good time to buy" - and in your case, it really is!

Who is moving these days you ask? Only people that absolutely have to - for either job or extreme family situations. Then, of course, are those people with homes on the market at their "unrealistic 2006 price", but those folks are in for a big disappointment. It may well take 10 years or so, to get back to those price points. Others who have 'dipped their toe" in the housing market, will find it "too cold" and decide to stay put for the immediate future.

Even with the declining interest rates, the reluctance of the banks to lend their "bailout money" to buyers with less than the once standard 20% down and 800 FICO scores are going to make the housing market an area of "tough sledding" for some time to come.

The few people that are actually buying homes will be ones that tend to be able to sell their old house and have considerable equity in it. Most will still be from areas that are much pricier than the Charlotte region. You didn't think that the guys who will be laid off from Freightliner in Rowan and Cleveland counties are going to be snapping up those nice bungalows in Plaza-Midwood or Dilworth, did you? It will still be newcomers to Charlotte that will have to prop up the market for the foreseeable future! When that will happen to any great degree, will depend on changing the negative financial psychology that permeates the American Consumers' thinking. How long will that take? I'm guessing sometime in late 2010 - early 2011. But your guess is as good as mine! Take heart, that even as bad as the Depression was, and we've all heard those stories from parents and grandparents, it didn't last forever and neither will this one! How will I know for sure? Coupon Jack will start to sound just like a realtor () - so his posts will be the telling moment for me!

Old 03-08-2009, 05:00 PM

4,282 posts, read 6,764,375 times
Why are we so heated commenting on a 9 month old thread?

FWIW a friend of mine just sold his home in a week via word of mouth- asking price.
To a local buyer, not someone from NY or CA.

The same old rules still play - location, location, location...

Old 03-08-2009, 05:05 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,550 posts, read 6,410,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNC3 View Post
It's interesting she messaged me to say I had a great post, yet you criticized it. It's a shame you were not as intelligent. Maybe you were just bored. Maybe you should just leave real estate to the people who understand it, and go back to watching your cartoons.

By the way, as of this post, MSN Money has Charlotte in the top 5 strongest real estate markets. But, I assume you'll take the Charlotte Observer's biased word over there's too.

You mean to tell me that someone with seven posts is attempting to get a shot in at me??? lol on you.

Go back to your hole, little boy... You're a dollar short and about seven months late.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:08 PM

4,282 posts, read 6,764,375 times
Quote:
You mean to tell me that someone with seven posts is attempting to get a shot in at me??? lol on you.

Go back to your hole, little boy... You're a dollar short and about seven months late.
Don't waste the effort over someone who does not know the difference between there's and theirs.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:12 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,550 posts, read 6,410,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Don't waste the effort over someone who does not know the difference between there's and theirs.

No way...I ain't letting some faux real estate guy knock my cartoons!!!

Old 03-08-2009, 05:23 PM

34,661 posts, read 40,379,586 times
Quote:
No way...I ain't letting some faux real estate guy knock my cartoons!!!
Heck, Brian . . . it is all academic anyway. All this crystal ball gazing and beating of the chests in re: to real estate sales . . . home prices . . . blah blah blah . . . these articles - as well as everyone's opinions - don't mean crappola.

Now . . . if someone is investing here, then knowing what is going on w/ the market could be important. But as Mullman said . . . the right location at the right price is gonna sell as long as there is a buyer. And there still are buyers. Just not like in 2004,5,6,7 . . . and as EM said . . . this economy ain't gonna stay in the tank forever.

Unless someone is playing futures and has money riding on what Q3 and Q4 are gonna bring . . . who cares? Nothing I can do about it except go about my own life the best I can.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:44 PM

2,529 posts, read 3,748,228 times
The whole economic picture reminds me of those Cymbalta commercials. People are sitting around with morose looks staring blankly into the distance, while a clarinet plays an innocuously melancholy tune. After treatment, they all start "smiling and interacting" with others. Depressions and recessions are just like those Cymbalta people - they get better over time. Just think of us consumers like those penguins on the Discovery Channel - waiting for the first one to jump in the water. Most will then jump in and go about their business, even if a couple get snagged by the leopard seal. The economy will recover in much the same way. If you live long enough, you see the ups and downs in so many aspects of life - financial as well as personal! Been there and done that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte