Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2008, 06:39 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times

Advertisements

Tell me about the most romantic moment you have had here, as in - a special dinner you had at a great restaurant . . . or a soiree you attended where you and your partner danced to a great band . . . or a gorgeous sunset on the lake . . .

Doesn't have to be right in Charlotte, but somewhere in the Charlotte region.

Here is one of my favorite memories . . . wh/ may not sound romantic to anyone else, LOL, but we were w/ the kids a few days b/f Christmas . . . and walking around SouthPark (outdoors) after dinner . . . we wandered over to the Christmas Tree . . . and I had been into the schnapps a bit (well, ok, I had my little flask in my pocket) . . . so I started singing Silent Night while standing at the Christmas tree . . . Then, other people stopped and started singing with us! It was a Norman Rockwell moment (to me, anyway!!!)

Tell me about some special moments in your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 11:29 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,951,581 times
My wife & I had dinner at The Pewter Rose around prom time one year. It was great to see all the kids dressed up & in love. That's one restaurant with great atmosphere.

Old 08-02-2008, 06:25 AM

Pewter Rose is a neat spot! Different. It is fun to see kids out on their first big dress-up nite!

Old 08-02-2008, 08:06 AM

422 posts, read 1,366,221 times
I have to say the best romantic night for me was at Maggianos in South Park. It was me and my fiances first "official" date... and I tell you right now, that night.. I knew he was the "one". It was also my first time dining at Maggianos.

A year to the day of that first date, he suprised me and took me back to Maggianos for ANOTHER romantic night out... and today we are engaged and getting married!!!!!

Old 08-02-2008, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBeginnings12 View Post
I have to say the best romantic night for me was at Maggianos in South Park. It was me and my fiances first "official" date... and I tell you right now, that night.. I knew he was the "one". It was also my first time dining at Maggianos.

A year to the day of that first date, he suprised me and took me back to Maggianos for ANOTHER romantic night out... and today we are engaged and getting married!!!!!
Awwwwww! What a great story - and congratulations! Plus, this is a nice plug for Maggianos!!! They helped make a wonderful evening into a lifetime of memories w/ your honey!!! Thank you for sharing that . . . sending wishes for a lifetime of "special moments."

Old 08-02-2008, 01:28 PM

716 posts, read 2,158,482 times
My (now) husband and I met on an internet message board. He lived in Portland, OR at the time. The first time we met in person, I picked him up at the airport.

If you're familiar with the Charlotte airport, you know when you walk in from the hourly parking at the ticketing level, and head to the right to the A gates, there's a security checkpoint, but also a down-escalator to where the baggage claim is. I had told him to meet me there, but if I missed him, I'd find him at baggage claim.

He was supposed to have come in the previous evening but his connecting flight was cancelled and he got stuck in Detroit overnight. We were disappointed, and it was hard to wait until the next morning, but we had no choice...

The morning he actually arrived, his flight was delayed, but by periodically checking online on my phone I could tell that it had landed. Checked the arrivals board again, and it was still not updated, but I decided I should probably go wait. I headed back to the escalator area next to the security checkpoint, and I was hoping they wouldn’t shoo me. I saw one or two people come out of the security exit. I pulled out my phone again just in case he needed to call me, if something went wrong again. (I wouldn’t have ruled it out at that point.) Maybe I should head down the escalator anyway? I thought. I started moving that way...

The light on this sunny morning was behind the security checkpoint, through the big plate glass windows, so I could only make out silhouettes of people as they came through.

Fat bald man with a laptop case.
Large black man with a briefcase.
Tall, thin, young fellow with a backpack...hmm...that looked promising.

He didn’t even look around before getting on the escalator. But I was at the top and to the side, just looking at him, and willing him to look UP, dammit! He was about three steps down when he did, and I shouted his name.

The look on his face was priceless. I’ll never forget it.

He was all recognition-excitement-giant smile as he leapt back up the escalator stairs! He ran to me and hugged me tight. We were both shaking with happiness. I looked in his eyes and just...knew...suddenly everything was going to be great! We shared one of the sweetest kisses I can ever remember. And eventually I just had to stop and say, “Hey, lets go get your bag so we can get the hell out of here!”

His first coherent sentence: “You’re beautiful.”

That was four years ago this August. We were married two years ago.

Old 08-02-2008, 05:54 PM

51 posts, read 142,950 times
Skipped work two weeks ago and eloped in Asheville. Had a wonderful dinner at the Grove Park Inn.

Old 08-02-2008, 06:04 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraviolet* View Post
My (now) husband and I met on an internet message board. He lived in Portland, OR at the time. The first time we met in person, I picked him up at the airport.

If you're familiar with the Charlotte airport, you know when you walk in from the hourly parking at the ticketing level, and head to the right to the A gates, there's a security checkpoint, but also a down-escalator to where the baggage claim is. I had told him to meet me there, but if I missed him, I'd find him at baggage claim.

He was supposed to have come in the previous evening but his connecting flight was cancelled and he got stuck in Detroit overnight. We were disappointed, and it was hard to wait until the next morning, but we had no choice...

The morning he actually arrived, his flight was delayed, but by periodically checking online on my phone I could tell that it had landed. Checked the arrivals board again, and it was still not updated, but I decided I should probably go wait. I headed back to the escalator area next to the security checkpoint, and I was hoping they wouldn’t shoo me. I saw one or two people come out of the security exit. I pulled out my phone again just in case he needed to call me, if something went wrong again. (I wouldn’t have ruled it out at that point.) Maybe I should head down the escalator anyway? I thought. I started moving that way...

The light on this sunny morning was behind the security checkpoint, through the big plate glass windows, so I could only make out silhouettes of people as they came through.

Fat bald man with a laptop case.
Large black man with a briefcase.
Tall, thin, young fellow with a backpack...hmm...that looked promising.

He didn’t even look around before getting on the escalator. But I was at the top and to the side, just looking at him, and willing him to look UP, dammit! He was about three steps down when he did, and I shouted his name.

The look on his face was priceless. I’ll never forget it.

He was all recognition-excitement-giant smile as he leapt back up the escalator stairs! He ran to me and hugged me tight. We were both shaking with happiness. I looked in his eyes and just...knew...suddenly everything was going to be great! We shared one of the sweetest kisses I can ever remember. And eventually I just had to stop and say, “Hey, lets go get your bag so we can get the hell out of here!”

His first coherent sentence: “You’re beautiful.”

That was four years ago this August. We were married two years ago.

This is priceless and I love reading it I am so happy for you two!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte