Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2008, 08:16 PM

217 posts, read 512,150 times

Advertisements

I was wandering if someone can tell me what the differences are between Mooresville living and what the town and area has to offer compared to Huntersville and Davidson areaand their ammenities.
I know they all have lake access and good schools. Is one area more rural withg less ammenties?
THanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2008, 09:23 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,240,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpoerio View Post
I was wandering if someone can tell me what the differences are between Mooresville living and what the town and area has to offer compared to Huntersville and Davidson areaand their ammenities.
I know they all have lake access and good schools. Is one area more rural withg less ammenties?
THanks!!!
Mooresville is booming as much or more than Huntersville right now. Much like Huntersville, its roads are fairly congested for the work commutes and lunch times. The roads just haven't kept up with population growth.

For what it's worth, commuting from Mooresville to Charlotte would probably take an additional 20 minutes over commuting to Charlotte from Huntersville.

I live in Huntersville and work in Mooresville. The main difference in my opinion is that Mooresville has lots of native southerners. There are relatively few natives in Huntersville. Huntersville is "Suburbia" and has a more "yuppie" feel to it. Mooresville reminds me of a typical Midwest town.

Old 08-02-2008, 09:25 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpoerio View Post
THanks!!!
Just remember, more ammenities means more traffic. Do you guys have a visit planned yet so that you can come and see all this for yourselves? On paper things can look so much differently than reality. There are great things about ALL the lake communities - but some you couldn't pay me to live in with all the congestion. Just my 2 cents

Old 08-03-2008, 01:26 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,378,862 times
The area east of I-77 near downtown Mooresville is not as built up as it is over on the west side of I-77. We're not on the lake & it's still a bit rural there. You're close to all the shopping without all of the congestion.

BxRosie

Old 08-04-2008, 02:41 PM

217 posts, read 512,150 times
Thank you. Yes we are going there again in Nov to visit family and we will look into areas again.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:48 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,667,397 times
Davidson, Cornelius, and Huntersville are definitely suburban and more "yuppie" as someone said. Mooresville, although it's experiencing growth, has more of a country bumpkin feel in my opinion. Definitely "more southern" or "Dixie" than the towns south of it.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:17 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,196,373 times
Mooresville is "Race City USA"

Davidson is elite and esoteric

Cornelius is poorly planned and only grows because it's between Huntersville and Davidson

Huntersville is bland, but bland is good sometimes. As is the case w/ Huntersville. Huntersville also has a very progressive low-impact development ordinance so that makes them and Davidson the two 'greenest' jurisdictions in Mecklenburg County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte