Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 07:45 AM

4,139 posts, read 11,488,479 times

Advertisements

Wow, none of the above!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 11:27 AM

251 posts, read 1,127,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte ePro View Post
I live in Charlotte, and I don't think it is funny. People that use stereotypes do so to justify their own prejudice.
I notice the faults you find in "affluent" areas are just peculiar quirks of successful law abiding citizens, while the "poor" areas are all armed criminals on parole, and meth manufacturers. That's not true. There are plenty of people who live in that area who are actually hard working, tax paying, citizens who contribute to this city. Just because the criminal element has decided to concentrate in that area, doesn't mean that people that live there are criminals or even want it that way.
But hey, all that matters is you made yourself feel better about being prejudiced, right? That is way more important than considering how it negatively impacts everyone that sees it who doesn't live here or are in the process of relocation.
I'm not going to build a bridge. I do recognize the fact that the 1st ammendment goes for everyone, even bigots.
e-pro, I agree 100%. I don't find this funny at all---bigotry and racism never is.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:45 AM

355 posts, read 992,713 times
LOL, I live in huntersville and HAVE A BUS PASS. LOL SO MUCH FOR STEROTYPES!

Old 02-21-2008, 11:55 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,489,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentricbeethoven View Post
LOL, I live in huntersville and HAVE A BUS PASS. LOL SO MUCH FOR STEROTYPES!
This one has been making the rounds for a while. I e-mailed the "Jersey Barbie Collection" to friends a couple of months back. It's amazing how easily the stereotypes can be transformed to fit any state you live in. They must have a "universal" quality about them!

Old 02-21-2008, 12:28 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moedog View Post
e-pro, I agree 100%. I don't find this funny at all---bigotry and racism never is.
Lord have mercy on my soul! Lighten up! Are you even a Southerner? Cause I can't believe you are and you would get all bent out of shape over this kind of silly stuff. Southerners are the most disparaged, stereotyped, maligned, snickered about group in this country! And you are gonna get all uptight about a doll?

Barbie, the doll, is already a stereotype!!!! Why don't you get all torn up about objectifying women while you are getting all bent of shape about the other "stereotypes."

I am a writer. Here is Writer Barbie. She wears glasses, is 30 lbs overweight, carries a thesaurus, dresses in sweats, drives a vintage BMW and corrects everyone's English and secretly subscribes to 3 tabloids. Am I insulted. Heck no.

Get a sense of humor!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte