U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 04:58 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,294,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I think you might want to re read my post and you will see that I stated it is my opinion and great there is nice section in that zip code but I still would not want my car to break down there because again it is my opinion.

Hey it accuate in the way I view the area and im not after being fair just voicing the way I see it.
I understand you were just stating your opinion, I am just stating mine

I lived in 28273 (Steele Creek) where homes all around me were very nice, many in the $200,000's and up. I totally agree with you that some areas on the opposite end of the zip code than I was on are in areas to be avoided after dark (can we say, Arrowood or Nations Ford area for instance?). I just think it could be misleading to say the whole of 28273 should be avoided when in fact at least half of it is a very nice area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2007, 06:44 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,687,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YASHARA1220 View Post
What Are The Zipcodes In South And North Charlotte,,,,planning On Moving Looking For Great School For My Elementry Age Children And No Crime Friendly Neighborhood..........
Ask your agent.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:20 PM

233 posts, read 827,514 times
Question 28273?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
thanks for sharing that map looks like Cornelius got screwed on city boundaries LOL

When people say one area is unsafe vs another they are referring to a vast amount of land by saying North charlotte vs south charlotte this helps clarify what parts of charlotte that i would consider unsafe

In my opinion places I would hate to have a car break down in are in zip codes

I respect your opinion, but I agree with LoveMountains on this one. 28273 on your list should be replaced with 28217. 28217 is SW but it is mostly inside the beltway, where as 28273 is closer to SC. Based on that fact, these zip codes have very different communities when comparing them by income and crime.

Even though you have your own opinion, when people read these opinions, they make decisions on whether or not to buy without really doing much research for themselves. In my opinion, this could potentially hurt a community from attracting decent residents.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 04-20-2007, 07:40 AM

286 posts, read 668,550 times
Default Originally from Western New York

I grew up in the western new york area now living in the Huntersville area now. Even though I have no kids in school. I have friends that do have kids. I went to the Amherst schools in western new york. You can not compare the schools in western new york and north carolina. I have lived in State of Delaware and Florida and I use to compare things to western new york too. I no longer do that anymore. I just look at all the positive things now.

The northeast is different from the south. I really like living in North Carolina better then western new york. There is so much growth here. Western New York as far a Buffalo has no growth look at downtown there its a ghost town. Compare to Uptown Charlotte now thats a City.

You will not finds schools like Orchard Park, Clarence or Amherst here. Enjoy living in North Carolina. The weather is beautiful here now. The temp in western new york is 40 degrees and cloudy

Old 03-04-2008, 04:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,732 times
Hey I am also from western NY, Buffalo to be exact I now live in Georgia for the past 12 years. I plan to relocate to NC to be closer to family, but I cant seem to find a nice mixed neiborhood to live, but I dont know the area either. I checked out several areas last year, really like audrey kell and Providence area the area is very nice but I cant find much info about audrey kell high school other than its new. Any info about nice family areas with good schools would be great.

Old 03-04-2008, 04:06 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,294,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunnies View Post
Hey I am also from western NY, Buffalo to be exact I now live in Georgia for the past 12 years. I plan to relocate to NC to be closer to family, but I cant seem to find a nice mixed neiborhood to live, but I dont know the area either. I checked out several areas last year, really like audrey kell and Providence area the area is very nice but I cant find much info about audrey kell high school other than its new. Any info about nice family areas with good schools would be great.
Why not start a new thread asking your questions - that might get more attention than this old thread will

Old 03-04-2008, 09:25 PM

473 posts, read 1,451,673 times
Red face Exit 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
Huntersville is nice. I read the police blotter all the time it's a bunch of petty crime. I haven't seen anything on the blotter that would make my hair stand up. The traffic into Charlotte in the morning from exit 23 is not bad at all.

I like Birkdale but the HOA is like 130.00 a month and I couldn't justify paying that. Check out some places off exit 23.
We are at Exit 23 and have just listed our home. My hubby got a job offer that he couldn't refuse. Love the development and have great neighbors! Will hate to leave...

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 03-04-2008 at 09:39 PM.. Reason: post edited in compliance with the tos

Old 03-05-2008, 07:04 AM

246 posts, read 502,186 times
I live in North Mecklenburg County, and here's the lowdown on North vs. South Charlotte:

North Charlotte is still developing. There are some great established neighborhoods (Davis Lake, Highland Creek, etc.) but there's still a lot of room to grow. South Charlotte is a much more established area. Now, for my soapbox issue:

Because of the large number of pompous, arrogant, whining whiners in S. CLT, a disproportionately large amount of tax money gets spent there. The fat cats get great schools, nicely lit sidewalks, light rail, and 485. Here in N. CLT we can't even get traffic lights installed in direly needed locations. Heck, they're talking about widening I-485 before even finishing the dern thing to connect 77 and 85. That shows you right there how much the powers-that-be care about the northern part of this county.

So if you want my honest opinion, it's this: You can't go wrong with north or south Charlotte, but if you pick north, don't expect this city's government to lift a finger or do anything that really benefits you.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:31 AM

2,560 posts, read 7,707,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBGNCSU05 View Post
I live in North Mecklenburg County, and here's the lowdown on North vs. South Charlotte:

North Charlotte is still developing. There are some great established neighborhoods (Davis Lake, Highland Creek, etc.) but there's still a lot of room to grow. South Charlotte is a much more established area. Now, for my soapbox issue:

Because of the large number of pompous, arrogant, whining whiners in S. CLT, a disproportionately large amount of tax money gets spent there. The fat cats get great schools, nicely lit sidewalks, light rail, and 485. Here in N. CLT we can't even get traffic lights installed in direly needed locations. Heck, they're talking about widening I-485 before even finishing the dern thing to connect 77 and 85. That shows you right there how much the powers-that-be care about the northern part of this county.

So if you want my honest opinion, it's this: You can't go wrong with north or south Charlotte, but if you pick north, don't expect this city's government to lift a finger or do anything that really benefits you.
NC DOT said they will NEVER widen I-485 in South Charlotte until the rest of the Loop is finished. That is fair! They should NOT get any special treatment.

When the whole I-485 Loop is finished then they will widen. That will be 10-15 years. Who would want to live in South Charlotte and deal with that for at least 10 more years of dead stop traffic. That is the only part of I-485 that is just 2 lanes on each side (South Charlotte).

I have lived in both North & South. I prefer Uptown. But if I had to choose, I would choose North Mecklenburg! If I were to choose South I would choose Fort Mill, SC!

Also...you can NOT say that all those ZIP codes listed are bad. I would NOT want to break down in some parts of ZIP Code 28031 (Cornelius...Smith Circle)! And Cornelius is know for being very upscale.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:34 AM

175 posts, read 138,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYnowNC View Post
I respect your opinion, but I agree with LoveMountains on this one. 28273 on your list should be replaced with 28217. 28217 is SW but it is mostly inside the beltway, where as 28273 is closer to SC. Based on that fact, these zip codes have very different communities when comparing them by income and crime.

Even though you have your own opinion, when people read these opinions, they make decisions on whether or not to buy without really doing much research for themselves. In my opinion, this could potentially hurt a community from attracting decent residents.

Just my 2 cents.
28273 is an industrial wasteland. What neighborhoods are there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or