Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 08:08 AM

2,560 posts, read 8,552,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygirl34 View Post
I was just at Alexander Michael's a few days ago. Love the old Victorians. used to bring my baby to Bank of America's daycare over there. Lovely part of town.
TRUCE!

Love Alexander Michaels too. Walk past there everyday. Has been there for years!

Love the Victorian homes in 4th Ward too. I am so glad we bought here back when Uptown wasn't even cool or hip. We were just lucky to get in at the right time at the right price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 08:16 AM

175 posts, read 188,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
TRUCE!

Love Alexander Michaels too. Walk past there everyday. Has been there for years!

Love the Victorian homes in 4th Ward too. I am so glad we bought here back when Uptown wasn't even cool or hip. We were just lucky to get in at the right time at the right price.
I don't live near Johnston and 51.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:18 PM

569 posts, read 1,409,448 times
I always hear of people asking about North or South Charlotte. What about East or West? Personally I would rather stare at a solar eclipse than have to drive in the traffic of north or south charlotte every day.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:22 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Native 1 View Post
I always hear of people asking about North or South Charlotte. What about East or West? Personally I would rather stare at a solar eclipse than have to drive in the traffic of north or south charlotte every day.
hahahahaha - good point and I agree This is why I always advise people to try to live on the side of town they work on if possible. East and west Charlotte both offer pretty quick commutes into uptown. But unfortunately, while there are good areas in each - they do have their unfair share of problem areas - usually having to do with too many rental properties all clumped together, including too many section 8 properties. However, if you do your due diligence you can find great little neighborhoods to buy in that would give you much better commutes than from many other places in town. East and west Charlotte can be perfect locations for some people

Old 03-05-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
hahahahaha - good point and I agree This is why I always advise people to try to live on the side of town they work on if possible. East and west Charlotte both offer pretty quick commutes into uptown. But unfortunately, while there are good areas in each - they do have their unfair share of problem areas - usually having to do with too many rental properties all clumped together, including too many section 8 properties. However, if you do your due diligence you can find great little neighborhoods to buy in that would give you much better commutes than from many other places in town. East and west Charlotte can be perfect locations for some people
Agreed,
Everything including work is less than 15 minutes away for me. I now complain when I have to drive more than 20 minutes anywhere. I have a friend that lives in Huntersville. Whenever we plan things I say "oh man, do I have to drive all the way up there"? As if it is the other side of the world. When you live close in it is the other side of the world.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Agreed,
Everything including work is less than 15 minutes away for me. I now complain when I have to drive more than 20 minutes anywhere. I have a friend that lives in Huntersville. Whenever we plan things I say "oh man, do I have to drive all the way up there"? As if it is the other side of the world. When you live close in it is the other side of the world.
I live in the heart of Uptown and can be in Huntersville in 15 minutes flat (non rush hour). That is about as close to town as you can get without living in Charlotte!

I joke about Ballantyne being so far out that we have to pack a snack & soda just to go out that far...lol!

Old 03-05-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
I live in the heart of Uptown and can be in Huntersville in 15 minutes flat (non rush hour). That is about as close to town as you can get without living in Charlotte!

No offense to anyone living in Huntersville. I not only like the fact that I'm close in I also just like the lifestyle of inner city living. The burbs are just not exciting enough for me. The first night I bought my house about 7 years ago. A driver crashed right into the creek at the end of our street. It was about 3:00am and I met my neighbor (in his pj's) lol. He looked at me and said "welcome to the neighborhood there is never a dull moment here".

Old 03-05-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
No offense to anyone living in Huntersville. I not only like the fact that I'm close in I also just like the lifestyle of inner city living. The burbs are just not exciting enough for me. The first night I bought my house about 7 years ago. A driver crashed right into the creek at the end of our street. It was about 3:00am and I met my neighbor (in his pj's) lol. He looked at me and said "welcome to the neighborhood there is never a dull moment here".
I am with you. I prefer inner city living too. Have lived in several of CLT suburbs but the happiest we have been is in 4th Ward. Fits our lifestyle perfectly. Some people I work with can not imagine living Uptown and they work Uptown. They have that 30min to 1hr commute to the suburbs...could NOT imagine! I walk home in 8 minutes...lol

Old 03-05-2008, 02:49 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Quote:
I am with you. I prefer inner city living too. Have lived in several of CLT suburbs but the happiest we have been is in 4th Ward. Fits our lifestyle perfectly. Some people I work with can not imagine living Uptown and they work Uptown. They have that 30min to 1hr commute to the suburbs...could NOT imagine! I walk home in 8 minutes...lol
You gotta love THAT commute!

Old 03-05-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You gotta love THAT commute!
I can even ride the Gold Rush Trolley to work for FREE that stops at my front door when it rains. I also have a paid parking spot Uptown that I use maybe once a month if that. Negoitiated that in with my salary!

LOVE my commute!

Sometimes if the lights catch me it might take 10 minutes...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte