U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-28-2007, 11:15 AM

7 posts, read 12,263 times

Advertisements

Hi, my wife, sons and I are relocating to NC...we lived there when I was stationed in the military and have always planned on moving back when the chance arose....anyway, Huntersville seems to be a very nice place to live and within the vicinity of Charlotte..but still not "in" the city....anyone live there and willing to take a phone call from me to ask a couple of questions?? Thanks so much in advance...

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2007, 10:54 PM

2,314 posts, read 305,541 times
Mike,

I'll PM you my info.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:01 AM

9 posts, read 23,975 times
Default Formerly From PA

I also moved to Huntersville recently and grew up in PA - Bucks County to be exact. Where are you headed from? Personally, I like NC a lot more than PA. The people are friendlier and I feel like there is more of a sense of community here. And you're close enough to uptown, where there are a lot of jobs. Very similar to living in the suburbs of PA and working in Center City Philly.

Any specific questions I can answer?

Old 01-31-2007, 10:34 AM

6,766 posts, read 7,842,545 times
I've only been living in Huntersville for a month. My fiancee 2 months. We are in Birkdale Village corporate housing till we move into our new house.

I'll talk to you if you want, but my knowledge is limited. Just say,"yes!" and I'll PM you my info.

What I can say about Huntersville is that it's very nice. A little too crowded for our liking, which is why we are moving to Union County, but still nice. And safe, too. Almost anything you could want, or need, is a stones throw away. Traffic is nuts during peak hours, but it's like that everywhere in the Charloote area. Taxes are also sky-high here.

Old 01-31-2007, 07:27 PM

44 posts, read 118,222 times
Taxes are sky high in huntersville?? What exactly are you comparing it to? The taxes being so cheap in the Charlotte area was one reason we are moving down there!

My fiancee and I decided to purchase in Huntersville. We also looked in Matthews area but didn't find anything in our price range that really appealed to us. However, there are some gorgeous developments there.

We've gotten a really strong sense of community, and overall friendliness. We haven't experienced the traffic yet but so far we're really happy with what we've seen.

Old 02-07-2007, 12:54 AM

473 posts, read 1,128,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoNC07 View Post
Taxes are sky high in huntersville?? What exactly are you comparing it to? The taxes being so cheap in the Charlotte area was one reason we are moving down there!

My fiancee and I decided to purchase in Huntersville. We also looked in Matthews area but didn't find anything in our price range that really appealed to us. However, there are some gorgeous developments there.

We've gotten a really strong sense of community, and overall friendliness. We haven't experienced the traffic yet but so far we're really happy with what we've seen.
Taxes are relative as to where you're from. If you weren't shocked with the tax info when you purchased, you won't be shocked when you're moved. If you don't mind me asking, where did you move in Huntersville? I live in Rosedale, just curious...

Good luck with your move and hope you enjoy it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte