U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-14-2008, 09:24 AM

314 posts, read 735,272 times
Default So, where are the bad areas?

Where are the bad areas of Charlotte and it's surrounding areas? Where is the gang activity? Where is there high crime? Where do I NOT want to be after dark?
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 09:33 AM

509 posts, read 1,228,982 times
SouthPark, Ballantyne, Lake Norman. Scary stuff.

just kidding... do a search and you'll find tons. But west Charlotte and parts of east Charlotte you generally will find are labelled as "bad." Whether they are or not depends greatly on your perspective.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:39 AM

775 posts, read 2,134,913 times
West/East Charlotte

Old 08-14-2008, 02:24 PM

2,519 posts, read 1,601,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travlingrlclt View Post
West/East Charlotte
I second that. The news seems to point the gangs in Gastonia (West Charlotte area town)

Old 08-14-2008, 03:13 PM

44,312 posts, read 54,771,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
I second that. The news seems to point the gangs in Gastonia (West Charlotte area town)
Okay, not to be nit picky, but Gastonia is not in west Charlotte. Gastonia is another city in another county WEST OF Charlotte. Additionally, I am not aware of any gang problems in Gastonia - not saying there aren't any, since gangs seem to be targeting smaller cities these days, but I haven't heard anything and I do try to follow that kind of thing.

West Charlotte itself does have some of the most challenged neighborhoods in the city. But it is not a war zone and not to be so feared that you won't at least go in daylight hours. Some of the best prime rib in Charlotte is to be found at Beauregard's on Freedom Dr. in West Charlotte - we go all the time, even after dark sometimes.

As far as east Charlotte goes some of it is actually pretty desirable - ever hear of Plaza Midwood??? I'd venture to say that at least 75% of east Charlotte is just fine to live in. Just avoid anything around Albemarle Rd at Farm Pond Lane and you'll usually be just fine.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:52 PM

2,560 posts, read 5,585,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Okay, not to be nit picky, but Gastonia is not in west Charlotte. Gastonia is another city in another county WEST OF Charlotte. Additionally, I am not aware of any gang problems in Gastonia - not saying there aren't any, since gangs seem to be targeting smaller cities these days, but I haven't heard anything and I do try to follow that kind of thing.

West Charlotte itself does have some of the most challenged neighborhoods in the city. But it is not a war zone and not to be so feared that you won't at least go in daylight hours. Some of the best prime rib in Charlotte is to be found at Beauregard's on Freedom Dr. in West Charlotte - we go all the time, even after dark sometimes.

As far as east Charlotte goes some of it is actually pretty desirable - ever hear of Plaza Midwood??? I'd venture to say that at least 75% of east Charlotte is just fine to live in. Just avoid anything around Albemarle Rd at Farm Pond Lane and you'll usually be just fine.
Agree...there are also areas of South Charlotte & North Charlotte that are not so good. Areas around I-77 in South Charlotte are not so great along with areas of North Charlotte along N. Tryon St (South of the 29/49 connector).

Old 08-14-2008, 04:44 PM

775 posts, read 2,134,913 times
I don't think any area of south charlotte off I77 is comparable to east/west charlotte.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Status: " Love is Freedom, Love is Equal, Love Conquers Hate" (set 6 days ago)

21,911 posts, read 38,797,534 times
I dont think comparing sides of town is doing any area any justice or telling people to stay away from a whole side of town . Each side has it good spot and bad spots this includes East, North, West , South Charlotte. They all have rough areas and good areas to live. Generalizations of a whole area serves no purpose of the reality of that side of town.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:20 PM

2,560 posts, read 5,585,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travlingrlclt View Post
I don't think any area of south charlotte off I77 is comparable to east/west charlotte.
I-77 & Nations Ford Rd (Exit #4) is da hood...That area would definately rival any East/West area.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:39 PM

41 posts, read 86,356 times
im in the plaza midwood and i would def recommend it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte