Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2008, 06:06 PM

3 posts, read 11,362 times

Advertisements

Any advise on Prov Downs & Prov Down South?
See lots of foreclosures in Prov Downs South, lots of emplty builder specs.
Sandy Ridge good school?
Any Jewish People living in the area?
Thanks dazed and confused....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 07:34 PM

175 posts, read 546,281 times
First off...come and buy my house in Providence Downs. ;-)

There are a few foreclosures that I know about in both neighborhoods...both neighborhoods are great. The Elementary School for Providence Downs in Marvin, which is fabulous. We also spent 2 years at Sandy Ridge and it is also just as great.

We have know several jewish families in the area as well!

Old 08-15-2008, 12:42 AM

175 posts, read 412,793 times
Can I be honest?

The problem with Providence Downs, as well as a number of developments in that area...too many people overextended and bought something they couldn't afford. I would suggest that Providence Downs will end up the Charlotte area poster boy for the sub-prime problem.

The boom busted and unfortunately a great number of them didn't get out in time.

Let me be clear, this doesnt suggest that everybody in Providence Downs in overextended....it just appears from data I watch closely that the development is fast becoming the foreclosure capital of Charlotte.

It is a beautiful place...I just hope it can sustain the hurricane that is moving upon it.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyd View Post
Can I be honest?

The problem with Providence Downs, as well as a number of developments in that area...too many people overextended and bought something they couldn't afford. I would suggest that Providence Downs will end up the Charlotte area poster boy for the sub-prime problem.

The boom busted and unfortunately a great number of them didn't get out in time.

Let me be clear, this doesnt suggest that everybody in Providence Downs in overextended....it just appears from data I watch closely that the development is fast becoming the foreclosure capital of Charlotte.

It is a beautiful place...I just hope it can sustain the hurricane that is moving upon it.
Where did you get this info. ...I only know of 2 foreclosures here in P Downs...? Can you post some actual stats...thanks.

Old 08-16-2008, 12:01 AM

620 posts, read 2,118,685 times
Those two subdivisions are not the only ones experiencing foreclosures right now. I personally think there is an oversupply of upscale homes in Union County right now and any upscale neighborhood you go to you will see the same thing - empty lots and some foreclosures. Builders are weary of building right now with the economy so it is best to just sit on the lot and wait until it all turns around. I will say that the two neighborhoods seem to attract people who "overextend" themselves. There are people who can afford it though and maintain their homes. You can tell who can and can't afford it. That doesn't mean you should give up on those neighborhoods. They are in a great location (between 521 and Rea Rd) and good schools. Once the economy turns around and the neighborhood is finished (Prov Downs South) I think it will be a beautiful neighborhood. It is just experiencing some "growing pains" right now.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:04 AM

175 posts, read 412,793 times
I agree Mike....Providence Downs is a great neighborhood...the homes and the lots are really attractive. And you are so right about the location.

As for foreclosures, my realtor gave me a list. Check with any realtor and they can give you information. It has been a couple months ago, but as I recall there were at least 8 houses on the list and that did not include those that were deemed "pre-forclosure."

Old 08-16-2008, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyd View Post
I agree Mike....Providence Downs is a great neighborhood...the homes and the lots are really attractive. And you are so right about the location.

As for foreclosures, my realtor gave me a list. Check with any realtor and they can give you information. It has been a couple months ago, but as I recall there were at least 8 houses on the list and that did not include those that were deemed "pre-forclosure."
I guess I wouldn't consider that too bad since in the original P Downs we have over 300 homes. I am not sure how many homes are in P Downs South.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:35 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,725,526 times
There are 50 homes listed on the mls for the original Providence Downs (approx 10 are under contract).

There are 57 homes listed for sale on the mls for Prov. Downs South

Obv this doesn't include foreclosures, FSBO's, or new construction.

A major buyers market, just like most other UC subdivisions....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte