Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 09:29 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,554,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odu View Post
I used to eat at the one in Cerritos, CA. It was very good. I remember getting their Turkey Burger which I didn't see on the menu when I typed in a University City zip.
NorthLake is in ZIP code 28216.

It is not in University City...6 miles away. University City is near I-85 & Harris Blvd. NorthLake is near I-77 & Harris Blvd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 12:17 PM

8 posts, read 25,899 times
we have a mimi's here in Orlando, and I finally ate there about a month and a half ago. Loved it, been back 3-4 times since. Prices vs the amount of food you get is great and the quality is great too. Took my parents there a couple of weeks ago and they enjoyed it as well.. I always get the grilled meatloaf and mashed potatoes...Last time however I got the pot-roast..great portions. The chicken pot-pie is huge.

got a call from my mom who found out they opened one near the Northlake mall area in Charlotte so now I know where I can find one there. They have great breakfast too if you're looking at trying something early in the day before shopping.

Their "Just enough" options are still very filling if you're looking at leaving room for dessert and I would recommend the apple crisp for dessert

Old 02-28-2009, 02:41 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
I finally checked this place out.
I understand the rave reviews it getting in this thread.

First time I been in there and it has a creole flair to it. Very nicely decorated with plenty of eye candy and playing cool jazz while you sit. I had the jambalaya and it was perfect. It was just right in flavor and spices not over powering which some can be or not enough it was perfect.

Our server was an angel and you could tell she enjoyed working there.

I definitely will be back

Old 03-01-2009, 09:29 AM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times
I have been to one in Colorado. It had a french flair to it. Very clean and nicely decorated restaurant. The food and service was very good. The dinners and salads had that homemade taste, but better than Cracker Barrel. There was a variety of baked goods, I didn't have any of that so I don't know. As for me beyond the quality of the food and atmosphere of a restaurant, I also make sure there is no smoking allowed in the building. If there is I turn around and leave. At the time I went to Mimi's there was smoking allowed in Colorado and Mimi's was a non smoking restaurant. I trust they would follow that rule and be a non smoking restaurant in Smoking North Carolina. The no smoking would have won me over to begin with, but the added plus was it was a very good restaurant. Mimi's gets a very favorable review from me. Go and Enjoy Mimi's.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,083 times
Unhappy Beware!

I was served a roasted turkey sandwich on molded bread.In addition to me eating half of the sandwich before noticing the mold on the back side of the sandwich and on the sides...the mgr was very insensitive to the fact that I had just eaten mold and stated the following, “Sometimes the bread comes off the trucks already molded.” He implied that this HAPPENS FREQUENTLY. In addition, I advised the manager that I’m nursing a 3 month infant, and that I was very displeased with the food and service, and the potential fact I could contaminated my daughter. The manager stated, “Penicillin is made from mold, and your daughter will be fine because the doctors would give her penicillin...you can take this to a judge if you want too....and you can do whatever you want with the pictures you've taken."

BEWARE OF THIS PLACE

Old 06-22-2009, 09:16 PM

1,894 posts, read 6,465,780 times
Something smells one-sided and fishy about this first-time post...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte