Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2008, 11:24 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,678,989 times

Advertisements

The best prices for good merchandise are usually in old rickety buildings. Sometimes stores have "special sales" once or twice a year.

So what is available & where is it located in the Charlotte metro area or within daytrip distance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 01:09 PM

36 posts, read 136,957 times
There is an outlet mall in Gaffney, SC, about an hour away from Charlotte. Of course Concord Mills also has quite a few outlet stores. There is a Talbots outlet in University City.
The only other thing I can think of is furniture shopping in Hickory. Most of the manufacturers have stores there and have big sales twice a year. In Granite Falls right by Hickory there are three outlets in one location: Kincaid, Bernhardt, and Broyhill that have good prices on floor samples, scratch and dent, and previous lines.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:08 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,378,296 times
What about the outlets in Burlington, are they any good?

BxRosie

Old 08-18-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmathis View Post
There is an outlet mall in Gaffney, SC, about an hour away from Charlotte. Of course Concord Mills also has quite a few outlet stores. There is a Talbots outlet in University City.
The only other thing I can think of is furniture shopping in Hickory. Most of the manufacturers have stores there and have big sales twice a year. In Granite Falls right by Hickory there are three outlets in one location: Kincaid, Bernhardt, and Broyhill that have good prices on floor samples, scratch and dent, and previous lines.
Thanks, that's a great selection!

Old 08-18-2008, 07:46 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
The one in Gaffney from my memory is a Gap & Bannana Republic Outlets, Hilfinger Outlet , Nike , Coach, and Pottery Barn Outlet.
I use to go there to find some deals at Bombay Outlet. They all closed earlier this year Prime Outlets

There is a gas station next door for the cheaper SC gas.
It about an hour drive south on 85 from Charlotte just look for the big peach water tower (even though I think it looks like someone hiney).

Old 08-18-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
The one in Gaffney from my memory is a Gap & Bannana Republic Outlets, Hilfinger Outlet , Nike , Coach, and Pottery Barn Outlet.
I use to go there to find some deals at Bombay Outlet. They all closed earlier this year Prime Outlets

There is a gas station next door for the cheaper SC gas.
It about an hour drive south on 85 from Charlotte just look for the big peach water tower (even though I think it looks like someone hiney).
Thanks Sunny, especially for the tip on gas!

Old 08-19-2008, 10:05 AM

36 posts, read 136,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
What about the outlets in Burlington, are they any good?

BxRosie
I don't think you'll find anything special at the outlets in Burlington. If you're headed that way anyway it is worth a stop but I wouldn't make a special trip. Here's the website so you can see what they have: Burlington Outlet Village

I didn't mention this before, but there are two good outlet malls in the Myrtle Beach, SC area. Both Tanger outlets. Definitely worth a visit if you're going to the beach.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:47 AM

905 posts, read 3,454,359 times
Dillard's has an outlet at Eastland Mall. All prices are 75% off original and right now you can take 40% off that price. This store is slated to be closed pretty soon, however I was there about 10 days ago and they still have lots of stock left. I spoke with one of the employees, they said when the closing was announced they said the store will close at the end of August but he thought it would be open longer.

Old 08-19-2008, 03:18 PM

228 posts, read 910,768 times
By Burlington Outlets are you talking about Alamance crossing or something different?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte