U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 06:02 PM

2,143 posts, read 2,606,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepchic View Post
It's hit or miss with parking. I went to a Mary J. Blige concert earlier this year and it took me over an hour to get out the parking lot. I went to Backstreet Boys a month ago and I was out in 10 minutes. Earlier this month I went to Maroon 5/Kelly Clarkson and I parked across the street. I was out in 5 minutes and home in North Charlotte before my friend in the main parking lot made it to Tryon.

One thing I can say, if you have a Verizon Wireless phone, don't plan on doing anything with it while you're at the venue. For some reason, Verizon Wireless blocks data on Verizon phones. Not fun when you're trying to locate your friend sitting out on the lawn who is saving your seat. Booo.
Do they block data or is it because so many users are clustered together using the same tower for data it's just overloaded? I've had this happen at other large festivals and gatherings. Carolina Rebellion is a good example. A friend of mine at the time was with Verizon and on their 3G network and couldn't get anything to go through and I was on 4G (when it first came out) and had zero issue as I wasn't competing with anyone.

As far as parking, they are really good about keeping it moving and clearing out the lot fairly quickly. If you enjoy the encore from say the top of the lawn near where you'll walk out of the area you will be ahead of the vast majority, still get to see the encore completely and be out of there in no time most likely. Enjoy the show!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 08:48 PM
ERH

1,133 posts, read 1,616,487 times
Heading there Saturday from Raleigh area for the MARS portion of WeenieRoast. Have read horror stories online about the wait to get into the parking lots, so was considering leaving the car at home and taking the train. I thought I read somewhere that the train station is near the venue, but that doesn't seem to be the case according to GoogleMaps. Can someone clarify? Thanks!

Old 09-26-2013, 10:08 PM

2,143 posts, read 2,606,880 times
I don't believe there is any train station nearby. You'll be coming down 85 so I'd just get off at Bruton Smith Blvd. (Concord Mills) and go to the venue from that direction. I do that every time and never have any trouble or horror stories getting parked and I've been to a bunch of shows there and gotten there way early and right before shows started and never really wait any length of time to get parked. Since the Weenie Roast starts early and goes for a while the traffic should be spread over a period of time and limiting the issues that much more. You'll be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or