Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 08:43 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,545,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy
Hi Miker-Welcome aboard With your new construction were you able to receive any incentives? We are also looking in the Weddington/Waxhaw area. Have our home up for sale now (So Cal).
Hi NascarNancy (nice name- )

Well the answer is "no" with a caveat. We didn't really ask (chalk it up to being a newbie, this is our first "built from scratch home"). We could have gotten cash towards closing from using CTX mortgage (Centex's sister company), but we are using our own lender as I like the rep. I work with and will just through him any biz I can. So possibly you can get incentives if you ask for them, we just didn't ask (and didn't really know what to ask for anyway).

Well the only thing we asked for is a $3K price reduction. They raised the base prices $3K/month (which they've been doing each month it seems- we check online). We visited in late feb. and wanted to make an offer the first week of March, so we asked that they give us the Feb. prices which they did. We determined we were relatively one of the first in that subdivision so it was good to get in early.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2006, 08:43 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongirl
Hi Miker, you actually will live down the road from me.

You will have access to the Harris Teeter grocery store- although it's quite pricey say from Stop n Shop. They are building a Lowe's Food grocery store across the street at the four corners. The CVS just opened too.
Thank You BostonGirl, I guess my CVS card will continue to work- LOL

Old 06-05-2006, 09:01 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,828,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069
Hi NascarNancy (nice name- )

Well the answer is "no" with a caveat. We didn't really ask (chalk it up to being a newbie, this is our first "built from scratch home"). We could have gotten cash towards closing from using CTX mortgage (Centex's sister company), but we are using our own lender as I like the rep. I work with and will just through him any biz I can. So possibly you can get incentives if you ask for them, we just didn't ask (and didn't really know what to ask for anyway).

Well the only thing we asked for is a $3K price reduction. They raised the base prices $3K/month (which they've been doing each month it seems- we check online). We visited in late feb. and wanted to make an offer the first week of March, so we asked that they give us the Feb. prices which they did. We determined we were relatively one of the first in that subdivision so it was good to get in early.
Ah, thanks for the scoop. We have thought about starting from scratch, but I don't think we can wait that long. Well at least you did save $3K, not too shabby.

My hubby got me hooked on Nascar about 10 or 12 years ago and that's what a few friends and people at work call me.

232 posts, read 728,534 times
Yes, hopefully they will put a gas station in too.... you will see the traffic on these roads..I hate driving all the "way out" to Wesley Chapel-

232 posts, read 728,534 times
Miker, there is something I think you should read about too...I will PM the info to you, although it's probably old news and things might have changed since January

Old 06-05-2006, 09:03 PM

5,660 posts, read 26,999,303 times
Quote:
Ah, thanks for the scoop. We have thought about starting from scratch, but I don't think we can wait that long. Well at least you did save $3K, not too shabby.

My hubby got me hooked on Nascar about 10 or 12 years ago and that's what a few friends and people at work call me.
So, do you have a state-issued NASCAR license tag yet?

http://www.wcnc.com/news/slideshows/license_plates/manual/02.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by mm34b; 06-05-2006 at 09:14 PM..

Old 06-05-2006, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongirl
Miker, there is something I think you should read about too...I will PM the info to you, although it's probably old news and things might have changed since January
ok thanks- look forward to it!

Old 06-05-2006, 09:14 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,828,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b
So, do you have a state-issued NASCAR license tag yet?
No, I am still in Calif! But I did see them on the Charlotte DMV website. I think I just may get the generic NASCAR plate, it would be hard just to choose 1 driver and I seeing that I love my car, I'm not sure how well received a Jeff Gordon plate would be. Their are only a few guys we arn't really into. Hubby supports Little E, garage fridge always has a cold Bud. I had mentioned before my niece & her hubby work for Woods Brothers. So at least we have a little inside scoop, go Schrader!

Old 06-05-2006, 09:14 PM

170 posts, read 566,318 times
We're in the same boat as you, nascarnancy, we'll be there this summer, and I don't think we'll be able to wait for a house to be built! Not unless there's one already built, and ready to go! I didn't realize you could get brand new for practically the same price as used! Oh well, live and learn, I know there are a lot of nice houses out there for sale, if only I could pick the right town, I'd be set!!

Old 06-05-2006, 09:19 PM

5,660 posts, read 26,999,303 times
Quote:
No, I am still in Calif! But I did see them on the Charlotte DMV website. I think I just may get the generic NASCAR plate, it would be hard just to choose 1 driver and I seeing that I love my car, I'm not sure how well received a Jeff Gordon plate would be. Their are only a few guys we arn't really into. Hubby supports Little E, garage fridge always has a cold Bud. I had mentioned before my niece & her hubby work for Woods Brothers. So at least we have a little inside scoop, go Schrader!
The #8 & #3 plates are still in the works. The Earnhardt family rejected the original design.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte