Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Feature would best suit most people? (or you)
Basketball court 6 25.00%
Volleyball court 5 20.83%
Indoor Workout/Gym Facility 14 58.33%
Tennis court 7 29.17%
Playground 9 37.50%
Soccer Field 3 12.50%
Baseball Field 0 0%
Other - please post the "Other" 1 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 02:02 PM

536 posts, read 1,693,486 times

Advertisements

Want to do an informal survey. Assuming you were in charge of a subdivision (HOA President), and you wanted to add some more community amenities, what would you like, or think a majority of people would like.

I am going to assume the community already has the standard (basic) clubhouse, average pool with kiddy section, and walking trails.

I know you’re going to say what is the make-up of the community, so let’s just say it is a mixture of young and old families. Kids of all ages.

Give me your thoughts if "Other"; let’s not go crazy like "Airplane Hangers" or Equestrian facilities"

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 02:07 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
Adults only Day at the pool , clubhouse.

Allow a company to come in on the weekends and offer horse drawn carriage rides.

Weekly or Monthly cover dish dinner gatherings.

just what at top of my head for now

Old 08-21-2008, 02:13 PM

1,559 posts, read 689,001 times
I really would like to see some basketball courts. They could put them somewhere in the back of the parkinglot of the pool area, or by the play ground. People of all ages like to play BB, and it gives the kids 9-14 something to do together as a community. Also, there really isn't much damage one can do to a BB court other than rip the net off, so I would think it wouldn't raise any liabilities. Just my .02cents

Old 08-21-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie713 View Post
I really would like to see some basketball courts. They could put them somewhere in the back of the parkinglot of the pool area, or by the play ground. People of all ages like to play BB, and it gives the kids 9-14 something to do together as a community. Also, there really isn't much damage one can do to a BB court other than rip the net off, so I would think it wouldn't raise any liabilities. Just my .02cents
Perfect! That's what I am looking for... more .02 cents!

Old 08-21-2008, 02:20 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Dang. There went my idea on equestrian facilities. SIGH.

Okay - assuming you have the space and the demographics to support use/expense: Tennis court; croquet or bocce ball.

A really nice outdoor kitchen at the clubhouse. Covered outdoor eating area.

Well designed dressing areas for adults at pool.

Clubhouse that is spacious and designed w/ lots of natural light, so classes such as photography, painting and pottery can be taught there. Include a kiln if homeowners are really serious about pottery (yes, one of my former neighborhoods had this and held classes every Tues and Thurs nites plus some day time courses).

Decent gym - even if just some basic nautilus equipment.

One neighborhood I was in purchased brass plaques to identify different species of trees and wildlife along the greenways. We also had birdwatching groups/events. Had a class in making purple martin houses, for example. This encouraged interest in using the greenways. Great for families. Well laid out and maintained greenways can be a big asset to the community.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
: Tennis court; croquet or bocce ball.

Clubhouse that is spacious and designed w/ lots of natural light, so classes such as photography, painting and pottery can be taught there. Include a kiln if homeowners are really serious about pottery (yes, one of my former neighborhoods had this and held classes every Tues and Thurs nites plus some day time courses).

One neighborhood I was in purchased brass plaques to identify different species of trees and wildlife along the greenways. We also had birdwatching groups/events. Had a class in making purple martin houses, for example. This encouraged interest in using the greenways. Great for families. Well laid out and maintained greenways can be a big asset to the community.

Nice ideas bringing the community back within.

I own some bocce balls (omg those are heavy together) It like adult version of marbles
I onlyhave played it at the beach. I bet on grass it would be more of a challenge

Old 08-21-2008, 02:25 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,951,731 times
Soccer fields as this can be used for more than just that.

Our neighborhood makes the kids get out of the pull at the top of the hour for 10-15 mins for adult swim kids hate it but I like it

Old 08-21-2008, 02:26 PM

Thumbs up Daddies getting a new pair of walking shoes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Dang. There went my idea on equestrian facilities. SIGH.

Okay - assuming you have the space and the demographics to support use/expense: Tennis court; croquet or bocce ball.

Awesome, ideas! Keep em coming!

Old 08-21-2008, 02:53 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Nice ideas bringing the community back within.

I own some bocce balls (omg those are heavy together) It like adult version of marbles
I onlyhave played it at the beach. I bet on grass it would be more of a challenge
Yeah, my theory is . . . people are gonna start hanging out more and more around their own neighborhoods - if there are amenities there to make it fun.

I love playing croquet, LOL!!! My present yard is not configured right for a fun croquet competition course. I love setting it up all around the house like a golf course. I miss that so much. The neighbors would join in . . . great for families . . .

Greenways that can be used as bike paths are really nice, too. However, I wiped out big time once on a greenway. Root from a tree in the dirt . . .

Oh - here is a thought. If there is a multi-purpose field - such as QC mentioned - soccer field - then use it at certain times as a doggie park.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:58 PM

I guess this is why I like my neighborhood it has many of the amenities listed above
2 pools, 2 club houses, 2 basketball courts, greenway, playground, field to do whatever. I used to let my dog run free in the field as I sat on the grass to only learn it was infested with fire ants!

I would love at least one if not both pools to be a salt water pool vs a chlorinated pool. It is better for the skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte