U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 07:57 AM

5 posts, read 32,820 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about the possibility of finding a reasonably priced country club membership in the Charlotte area? (Closer to uptown is preferable). I don't play, but my husband is hoping to get back into golf after a hiatus. We are a young newly married couple who just bought a home, so we don't have tons of capital to work with here - any suggestions welcome.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 08:15 AM

776 posts, read 2,185,831 times
Why join one, there are so many good courses you can just pay to play. Plus what do you consider affordable?

Old 08-22-2008, 08:18 AM

221 posts, read 484,306 times
a little further out from charlotte is the gaston country club that has many levels of membership. It may be worth looking into.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:29 AM

1,312 posts, read 3,101,130 times
I don't have the numbers, but in S. Charlotte Raintree might be the most affordable.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:37 AM

35,564 posts, read 43,729,867 times
I don't know what your budget range is . . . and not sure that this would meet your needs. However, Charlotte City Club is an excellent way to network as well as entertain for events . . . and enjoy excellent dining and special occasion members-only events. If your DH would be interested in golfing at other clubs around the region, CCC is a member of a reciprocal golf alliance, and you would be able to play at Firethorne and River Run as well as many other clubs nearby - plus courses all over the USA.

You would just need to see if this meets any of your needs. I love the venue - wh/ includes a gorgeous ballroom. See what you think.

Charlotte City Club (http://www.charlottecityclub.com/features/content_page/index.cfm?page=about_the_club - broken link)

Clubs w/ initiation fees under $20,000 . . . I don't know of any close to uptown.

There is a group you can join - the Carolina Trail - and by joining it, you have access to other clubs, wh/ include The Divide, Skybrook, Birkdale . . .

The Carolina Golf Trail

Other clubs wh/ offer additional facilities (not just golf club) would be Raintree and Cedarwood CC in S CLT. There are some other clubs w/ initiation fees under $20,000 but they are in other counties . . . and certainly won't qualify for "near uptown" either . . .

Old 08-22-2008, 09:09 AM

536 posts, read 1,154,382 times
Default Four!

Here are some links

Charlotte Golf Course Directory for Public Courses

and

Charlotte Golf Courses

Old 08-22-2008, 09:10 AM

755 posts, read 1,664,814 times
There's a website that's like priceline for golf. You can play a variety of courses at discount prices. It's called clickitgolf.com, and they have a bunch of area courses.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:20 AM

3,079 posts, read 7,154,638 times
If you plan to play a lot, like we do, joining is by far the most economical way to go.

We are joining the Southern Trail of GolfLinks.com for an annual family membership of $2,500.

Charlotte Golf Links

Dawn

Old 08-22-2008, 12:06 PM

52 posts, read 95,580 times
Default Raintree

If you decided to join a club, Raintree is the best deal in town. Golf courses are in good shape and tee time availability is pretty good. 36 holes, tennis, simming pool with diving board, weight room, etc...

Old 08-24-2008, 12:53 PM

5 posts, read 32,820 times
Default Carolina Country Club

Thanks for all the responses everyone.

Anyone know anything about Carolina Golf Club? Very possibly out of our price range, but according to my husband, Donald Ross designed course is worth the $.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte