U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-23-2008, 08:13 AM
 
Location: The 12th State
22,974 posts, read 58,465,585 times
Reputation: 14917

Advertisements

What places serve fresh waffles made from scratch?

I know local base restaurant Just Fresh does and they also have brunch hours on the weekends does anyone else.

I hate getting hungry at 10 a.m. for breakfast because time I get ready for breakfast everyone else has switch to lunch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-23-2008, 08:50 AM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 66,998,726 times
Reputation: 22370
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
What places serve fresh waffles made from scratch?

I know local base restaurant Just Fresh does and they also have brunch hours on the weekends does anyone else.

I hate getting hungry at 10 a.m. for breakfast because time I get ready for breakfast everyone else has switch to lunch
Now, Sunny . . . all you need is a nice Belgian waffle maker and a good recipe, and you could be fixing those waffles right there at home!!!!

I can suggest Eddie's Place for buttermilk pancakes and french toast - they serve breakfast all day. Charlotte NC Restaurants | Charlotte Restaurant | Southpark Restaurants Charlotte | Restaurants in Charlotte North Carolina

As for waffles . . . Pewter Rose has waffles on their Brunch menu on the weekends . . . So does Village tavern - they have several selections of Belgian waffles . . . Village Tavern - Restaurant - An Unforgettable Dining Experience!

Let's see . . . Zada Jane's serves breakfast all day, but no waffles. However, if Amaretto french toast would work . . . <<<<Zada Jane's, Man!!! We're gonna take it to TOWN!!!>>>>>

Izzy's Cafe serves breakfast all day, I believe, but don't know if they are into waffles . . .

Then there is always the Waffle House . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2008, 08:54 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
1,077 posts, read 2,199,518 times
Reputation: 992
I thought waffles grew on trees.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2008, 09:15 AM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 66,998,726 times
Reputation: 22370
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1200 View Post
I thought waffles grew on trees.....
Eman, you need to go buy a waffle maker, too. As I recall, seems to me you are a single male, right? Well, perfecting waffles can lead to inviting a young lady over for brunch . . . or suggesting waffles as the end of an evening - as dessert.

Perfecting use of a waffle maker will ensure you are a Babe Magnet (not that you aren't already . . . but why not rev up your game a bit, Hee Hee).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2008, 11:13 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
1,077 posts, read 2,199,518 times
Reputation: 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Eman, you need to go buy a waffle maker, too. As I recall, seems to me you are a single male, right? Well, perfecting waffles can lead to inviting a young lady over for brunch . . . or suggesting waffles as the end of an evening - as dessert.

Perfecting use of a waffle maker will ensure you are a Babe Magnet (not that you aren't already . . . but why not rev up your game a bit, Hee Hee).
like the way you think ani....I got game but there's always room for improvement.
anyways, you know how when some people see snakes or spiders they just kind of freeze up, can't think, can't speak, don't know where they are kind of thing......well get me in the kitchen appliance/home decor section of a store and that's me.....clueless/helpless. took me three weeks to get the courage up to go to bed bath and beyond to buy a knife set.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2008, 11:50 AM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,851 posts, read 27,123,355 times
Reputation: 8922
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1200 View Post
like the way you think ani....I got game but there's always room for improvement.
anyways, you know how when some people see snakes or spiders they just kind of freeze up, can't think, can't speak, don't know where they are kind of thing......well get me in the kitchen appliance/home decor section of a store and that's me.....clueless/helpless. took me three weeks to get the courage up to go to bed bath and beyond to buy a knife set.
Google Fante's eman. Sorry, it's not in Charlotte but has been in business since 1906 & has plenty of waffle irons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2008, 12:08 PM
 
1,907 posts, read 4,445,730 times
Reputation: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1200 View Post
like the way you think ani....I got game but there's always room for improvement.
anyways, you know how when some people see snakes or spiders they just kind of freeze up, can't think, can't speak, don't know where they are kind of thing......well get me in the kitchen appliance/home decor section of a store and that's me.....clueless/helpless. took me three weeks to get the courage up to go to bed bath and beyond to buy a knife set.
Priceless!!!! Woulld you have gone for dishes or towels????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2008, 12:24 PM
 
2,141 posts, read 7,161,223 times
Reputation: 1251
If you like fresh waffles, make them at home. Nothing fresher than that. It's easy too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2008, 03:44 PM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
1,077 posts, read 2,199,518 times
Reputation: 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
Priceless!!!! Woulld you have gone for dishes or towels????
I think I'd rather dry myself off with a clean sock than go there again.

although, ani, speaking of game, THAT'S the place you go to have a good chance of meeting women. OW OW OW!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:40 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top