U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 02:17 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,286,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastybrew View Post
Well...George has a forever home! We went up for him to meet his new family and he LOVED them. He did excellent with the other 3 dogs (yes 3 other dogs). The alpha dog even corrected a couple of George's behaviors! I was soooo impressed. The boxer (the one in charge) simply stood over George and told him, pretty much, to knock it off. He didn't show his teeth or anything! Much better than our 'bratty' alpha of the house.
He, juust simply stood over him George didn't try to hump him anymore while we were there. He was running around playing with the 10 month old...which is great because that's what they wanted. Another active pup to play with the other puppy. They were a great team. He seemed really happy. The new parents even called to give us a update. George was taking a nap All seems good...I'm going to miss the rascal....I'll update as I get more news.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for all the support and everything you all have done through these past two weeks
This is just great news Tasty!! I am so appreciative of all your efforts to save this wonderful animal

Old 09-06-2008, 02:32 PM

1,865 posts, read 4,782,792 times
Quote:
Well...George has a forever home! We went up for him to meet his new family and he LOVED them. He did excellent with the other 3 dogs (yes 3 other dogs). The alpha dog even corrected a couple of George's behaviors! I was soooo impressed. The boxer (the one in charge) simply stood over George and told him, pretty much, to knock it off. He didn't show his teeth or anything! Much better than our 'bratty' alpha of the house.
He, juust simply stood over him George didn't try to hump him anymore while we were there. He was running around playing with the 10 month old...which is great because that's what they wanted. Another active pup to play with the other puppy. They were a great team. He seemed really happy. The new parents even called to give us a update. George was taking a nap All seems good...I'm going to miss the rascal....I'll update as I get more news.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for all the support and everything you all have done through these past two weeks
AWWWwwwwww......I'm gonna cry....REALLY I'm so excited & happy for George!!! What GREAT news!!!!! I do hope they'll give you updates about him that you can share with us here.

CONGRATULATIONS to you too Tasty....YA' DONE GOOD!!! George is one lucky pup to have found you, you were definitely his Guardian Angel! Bless You!!!

BxRosie

Old 09-06-2008, 02:55 PM

14,115 posts, read 20,814,156 times
Awesome!!!!

Old 09-06-2008, 03:07 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,301,870 times
That is wonderful. I am so happy for George. Great job, you should feel proud!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-06-2008, 04:25 PM

1,907 posts, read 4,445,730 times
I got goosbumps!!! You did a great thing for one of Gods creatures, Tastey. I'm sure George will be very happy and your two will enjoy a nice long nap themselves

Old 09-07-2008, 07:48 AM

84 posts, read 190,901 times
Got another update this morning! I love it because I went to bed thinking about him
He's doing really well...the only issue they encountered was at 'dinner time'
They have well behaved dogs that stop eating when they are full...here in our house (adults included) we all eat until we can't fit anything else in So, George/Tiger (their dhtr renamed him Tiger) didn't want to share. Apparently that was 'fixed' last night and this morning he ate happily with the other pups
Brings tears to my eyes. I am happy he has a good home

Old 09-07-2008, 07:50 AM

84 posts, read 190,901 times
Oh yeah...forgot to mention...our two dogs have been SOOO tired! They are just laying around resting My dogs are very active, but not new puppy active...now they need to sleep

Old 09-07-2008, 07:52 AM

1,907 posts, read 4,445,730 times
He'll always be George to us. Glad they're keeping you updated. Just goes to show they are good people.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:14 AM

35,885 posts, read 66,998,726 times
So wonderful to hear that things worked out so well. And Tasty - God bless you. Not everyone would have taken on this responsibility and worked so hard to not only make sure George/Tiger was healthy and safe - but to find a new Forever Home. Thank you for sharing a great story . . . with a truly happy ending.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:29 PM

104 posts, read 256,037 times
Quote:
Oh yeah...forgot to mention...our two dogs have been SOOO tired! They are just laying around resting My dogs are very active, but not new puppy active...now they need to sleep
You all need a rest! Job well done, another happy pup with a new home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte