U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 02:19 PM

84 posts, read 191,189 times

Advertisements

Well...we are back. No chip. They seemed to think the dog looked pitty/lab? All we see is boxer...maybe we should put that on the signs? Yup, we tried Craigslist. I reposted this morning so it's at the top of the page

Old 08-24-2008, 04:14 PM

19,822 posts, read 55,980,702 times
Yeah, I see pit in that mix. Maybe boxer-pit mix? Anyway, thank you for being so caring. Maybe you have a new dog? I think the York Co. shelter is no-kill if you don't find an owner and you can't keep him.

Also, try posting on the York Lancaster forum foir the owner.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 08-24-2008 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: added somehting

Old 08-24-2008, 08:00 PM

Another night with George on our front porch I have contacted almost all of the shelters, by email and haven't heard back yet. I'll put calls in to the Animal Control to see if anyone has called it in. I'm hoping that tomorrow more people will be on the board...and maybe we'll get lucky. Thank you all for your support....

Old 08-25-2008, 09:15 AM

1,808 posts, read 5,867,817 times
At the Animal Care and Control Shelter on Byrum Drive, there is a book in the lobby that you can fill out and post "George's" picture.

When folks call the shelter looking for a missing pet, the lobby agents at the shelter ask them to check this book in addition to looking in the kennels for their lost pet. It's a good option to choose if you prefer to hang on to "George" rather than turn him in to the shelter.

I believe you can also have him scanned for a chip at the shelter. You can call 311 or 704-336-7600 for assistance. You can also find more information on their Web site at Home (http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/Animal+Control/Lost+Pets/Home.htm - broken link).

Good luck, and thank you for caring for George.

Edited to add: I just noticed you found out that he doesn't have a chip. I would still give the shelter a call though... hopefully they will be able to help find his owners!

Old 08-25-2008, 09:49 AM

104 posts, read 256,385 times
Default Found Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastybrew View Post
We found a dog tonight and aren't sure where to call? Any suggestions? The animal control is closed. We ended up hooking him up to a leash in our front yard because I would hate for him to wander and get hit by a car or something. Can somebody tell me where we might be able to take him to see if he has a chip? TIA!
I am not sure were you are located but you can e-mail the Union County Humane Soceity at hsuc@hs-uc.org, they are very helpful in helping with lost animals and will send out a mass e-mail to people in hope to find the owners.

Please try find the poor little guy a home before handing him over the Animal Control..our shelters are so crowded, Since he did have a collar then the Humane Society maybe be able to find his him if his owners of contacted the shelter.

Good Luck and thanks for all you have done for him...I know if my dog was lost I would want him to find a home with people like you until we found him.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:01 PM

Thanks everyone....I'm starting to get really discouraged. EVERYONE in rescue or foster or whatever are all 'full'. I don't know what we are going to do....Does anyone know of any vets in the area that give free or discounted shots or exams? This way we could at least let him off our front porch to play with our dogs in the back yard...Thanks so much....

Old 08-25-2008, 01:54 PM

104 posts, read 256,385 times
Default Location?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastybrew View Post
Thanks everyone....I'm starting to get really discouraged. EVERYONE in rescue or foster or whatever are all 'full'. I don't know what we are going to do....Does anyone know of any vets in the area that give free or discounted shots or exams? This way we could at least let him off our front porch to play with our dogs in the back yard...Thanks so much....
Where are you located?

Old 08-25-2008, 07:44 PM

We are down in Fort Mill. George is on the porch but we let him hang in the back yard with our two pups this afternoon. I took a chance with the flea situation. I inspected him and found none...hopefully, this was an ok decision. They ran around like the happies dogs ever. Kind of felt like a dog park in our backyard
I posted more signs, went to the Animal Control of Mecklenburg, Called everyone I could find online and we are know waiting....If we aren't able to find a foster in the next couple days, Wed. we'll be changing everything to say FREE DOG FOR ADOPTION....I think we're going to take him over to petsmart for his basic shots...bordetella and the parvo one....Thanks everyone for your help! I will continue to update becuase I've become obsessed with finding this dog a good home....

Old 08-25-2008, 08:20 PM

19,822 posts, read 55,980,702 times
Can't give him away. People take "free" dogs and cats and sell them to testing labs or use them as bait dogs for fighting dogs. If you charge $10-20, it isn't profitable for them. Anyone who can't afford a small fee can't afford the dog. You can also put up pictures at all the vets, adoption for $20.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:40 PM

1,865 posts, read 4,791,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Can't give him away. People take "free" dogs and cats and sell them to testing labs or use them as bait dogs for fighting dogs. If you charge $10-20, it isn't profitable for them. Anyone who can't afford a small fee can't afford the dog. You can also put up pictures at all the vets, adoption for $20.
That's true!!! Poor, sweet fella. I hope you find him a home real soon.

BTW...post a sign over by Knight's Stadium. Go to the driveway that's by the loading dock,at the 1st parking lot & post them there. Maybe someone there will adopt him. There's ALWAYS dogs hanging out with their owners there! Just do it before this weekend, Monday is the last game of the season.

BxRosie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte