U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-01-2007, 09:35 AM

190 posts, read 334,328 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your good wishes. More and more I feel encouraged by all the responses on this site. It's so beautiful to know people care about people! That's what life is all about. For so many of us moving down to Charlotte without our families is really a big step. It takes guts and courage and lots of prayer! I'm a little overwhelmed by this move, there's so much to do, and so much to take care of, but I know deep in my heart this is the right move for me. Of course we will miss our families, but, everyone should know we are not crazy, just following our heart. Believe me, I know I will feel lonely, but I can handle it. I've been through a lot worse in my life, and God has always taken care of me. I know I will have to really rely more on Him for everything. He's already bringing wonderful people, like yourselves, into my life. My life is short and I don't want to have any regrets! Life on Long Island has been very stressful for me. I'm ready for a slower life-style. I just want to wake up each morning and know I'm where I should be. I'm fulfilling my destiny. I want to live life to the fullest, and be a blessing to someone else. I wanted to post a little smile face, but I'm still new to this computer!
So everyone, have a great day, and know we are all here for one another. Start packing. Tomorrow we will be having snow here onn Long Island.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2007, 10:18 AM

286 posts, read 648,647 times
lily,

when will you be moving down?-smily faces are to your right on the computer you have to "click on them"-

Old 02-01-2007, 01:49 PM

136 posts, read 567,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybell View Post
Hi everyone,
Tomorrow we will be having snow here onn Long Island.
Not much anymore :-\.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:09 PM

208 posts, read 347,391 times
Good Luck to you. My fiance and I plan on moving there by the end of the year. I can't wait to leave L.I. I need less stress and a slower lifesytle as well. We also want a house and could never afford one here. I think all of us Long Islanders will be happy in N.C.

Old 02-02-2007, 06:23 AM

68 posts, read 126,414 times
Quote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your good wishes. More and more I feel encouraged by all the responses on this site. It's so beautiful to know people care about people! That's what life is all about. For so many of us moving down to Charlotte without our families is really a big step. It takes guts and courage and lots of prayer! I'm a little overwhelmed by this move, there's so much to do, and so much to take care of, but I know deep in my heart this is the right move for me. Of course we will miss our families, but, everyone should know we are not crazy, just following our heart. Believe me, I know I will feel lonely, but I can handle it. I've been through a lot worse in my life, and God has always taken care of me. I know I will have to really rely more on Him for everything. He's already bringing wonderful people, like yourselves, into my life. My life is short and I don't want to have any regrets! Life on Long Island has been very stressful for me. I'm ready for a slower life-style. I just want to wake up each morning and know I'm where I should be. I'm fulfilling my destiny. I want to live life to the fullest, and be a blessing to someone else. I wanted to post a little smile face, but I'm still new to this computer!
So everyone, have a great day, and know we are all here for one another. Start packing. Tomorrow we will be having snow here onn Long Island.
Good luck with your new jouney and WELCOME to another Long Islander-there are plenty of us down here.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:05 AM

190 posts, read 334,328 times
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your thoughts. Well I think Charlotte got more snow than we did here on Long Island. I really didn't want to take my boots and heavy coat down when I move, but I think I may have to.

I especially want to say to everyone who already live in North Carolina, a special thank you for being so gracious to us who are thinking about this move. You all have been so wonderful in your comments. It's nice to know that, no matter where we come from or where we are going, we all have the same concerns. We need each other to make life a little a easier for those who are carrying a heavy burden. I want my heart to always be tender toward my fellowman. Right now I need all of you to help me make this move.
Not physically, of course, but just knowing I'll be welcomed and hopefully accepted into your community. I'm excited and scared all at the same time, but I know God is going before me and preparing the way. I'm planning, if all goes well with my health, to move around the late spring, or early summer.

To all the young couples who are deciding to make this move from New York, I know it won't be easy leaving your families behind, but do what's best for you and your children, and do it while you are still young. I pray your parents, and other family members will give you all the love and support to make your move easier. They will miss you , of course, but I'm sure they will realize in time that this was the best thing for you to do. Change is hard, I don't like it myselft, but I'm trying to think of my life as an adventure. What's the worst that can happen? You can always move back, but I think once you get settled into your new neighborhood and make friends, you will all be just fine. It will be an adjustment, but that's how we grow and mature.

My best wishes to all of you. Once the decision is made in your heart, and you have peace about it, you'll just know it's going to be ok! We will be here for you. Have a great day everyone.

Old 02-02-2007, 05:40 PM

286 posts, read 648,647 times
Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your thoughts. Well I think Charlotte got more snow than we did here on Long Island. I really didn't want to take my boots and heavy coat down when I move, but I think I may have to.

I especially want to say to everyone who already live in North Carolina, a special thank you for being so gracious to us who are thinking about this move. You all have been so wonderful in your comments. It's nice to know that, no matter where we come from or where we are going, we all have the same concerns. We need each other to make life a little a easier for those who are carrying a heavy burden. I want my heart to always be tender toward my fellowman. Right now I need all of you to help me make this move.
Not physically, of course, but just knowing I'll be welcomed and hopefully accepted into your community. I'm excited and scared all at the same time, but I know God is going before me and preparing the way. I'm planning, if all goes well with my health, to move around the late spring, or early summer.

To all the young couples who are deciding to make this move from New York, I know it won't be easy leaving your families behind, but do what's best for you and your children, and do it while you are still young. I pray your parents, and other family members will give you all the love and support to make your move easier. They will miss you , of course, but I'm sure they will realize in time that this was the best thing for you to do. Change is hard, I don't like it myselft, but I'm trying to think of my life as an adventure. What's the worst that can happen? You can always move back, but I think once you get settled into your new neighborhood and make friends, you will all be just fine. It will be an adjustment, but that's how we grow and mature.

My best wishes to all of you. Once the decision is made in your heart, and you have peace about it, you'll just know it's going to be ok! We will be here for you. Have a great day everyone.
Hi Lily,

question?-are you realted to LOVES MOUNTAINS - you guys are the sweetest people.
God bless you, and keep you healthy
Tim

Old 02-02-2007, 07:50 PM

44,829 posts, read 56,154,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray42 View Post
Hi Lily,

question?-are you realted to LOVES MOUNTAINS - you guys are the sweetest people.
God bless you, and keep you healthy
Tim
Aw shucks - just go ahead and make my day
I would consider it an honor to be related to someone as wise as Miss Lilly!

Old 02-02-2007, 08:46 PM

5,265 posts, read 10,416,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2LeaveLI View Post
Good Luck to you. My fiance and I plan on moving there by the end of the year. I can't wait to leave L.I. I need less stress and a slower lifesytle as well. We also want a house and could never afford one here. I think all of us Long Islanders will be happy in N.C.
Not in a few years when it is just like Long Island because you all moved here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte