U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 07:08 AM

536 posts, read 1,540,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneytoon View Post
Well, "Physco" was already taken....
That is even funnier!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2007, 06:55 PM

84 posts, read 443,972 times
We are buying in Millbridge. We found out about the gun range and plant after we signed. I took a trip down to check out these places for myself. The folks at the range were as nice as could be, especially considering I was an "outsider" questioning them about the range and its operation. By the end of my visit, I decided that they were not only nice, but that I would be joining once relocated there. As far as the plant goes, I spent an hour or so driving around there. I noticed the odor in the Cureton development which is right across the street from the plant. But when I went 1/3 of a mile in that development I did not smell it (the wind was blowing in that direction). I can't imagine that the odor would travel over 1 mile to affect the Millbridge development.

Old 10-28-2007, 07:40 PM

55 posts, read 212,405 times
For what its worth waste water treatment facilities, when operated correctly, have no smell. If you are in a location where a plant smells bad - lobby the city/county to find a solution. All it takes is money...and not even a terrible amount. The smell comes from a specific part of the plant where solids are removed and sit around in the back of a dump truck (landfill bound). Put a building over the area with activated carbon scrubbers and bingo, no smell!

I may end up coming to charlotte to do just that - design water treatment plants ;-)

Old 10-28-2007, 09:18 PM

7,929 posts, read 17,761,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pondjc View Post
For what its worth waste water treatment facilities, when operated correctly, have no smell. If you are in a location where a plant smells bad - lobby the city/county to find a solution. All it takes is money...and not even a terrible amount. The smell comes from a specific part of the plant where solids are removed and sit around in the back of a dump truck (landfill bound). Put a building over the area with activated carbon scrubbers and bingo, no smell!

I may end up coming to charlotte to do just that - design water treatment plants ;-)
Union County can sure use you. it seems very political to have this issue corrected, correctly.

Old 10-29-2007, 12:08 PM

422 posts, read 1,214,887 times
I agree! I bought in Millbridge as well, and BELIEVE ME, I did my homework. You can NOT smell the treatment. No way, no how. I went to check it morning, noon and night, different temps outside, and different winds. Its all good.

And as far as the shooting range- It is not bad at all! I would never NOT buy in Millbridge because of that. And, the homes arent even built yet, so of course you hear it sometimes. The more homes go up the less you will hear it.

Old 12-04-2007, 03:05 PM

2 posts, read 5,540 times
ok no problem,Im not trying to argue,but remember visiting there and working there on the construction everyday is not the same thing.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:50 PM

2 posts, read 2,807 times
Default Gun Club Union Co.

This clears up a lot of questions for new home buyers. Fact is a Bulider does not have to disclose that there is a noise (or smell) issue to a buyer. Fact is that a private owner does. It probably will not help a sale to have everyone listening for something that may not be an issue for them. I does show good faith to let the future owners be the one to make this decision. When the house is "right" their mind is already made up the first minute they walk into any of these gorgeous homes that are built there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneytoon View Post
Appreciate your opinion.....................but, I am a fairly new member at the gun club. I think you should share more details!!!

1. Safety is number ONE out there. The purpose of the six month conditional membership is to have the chance to insure every one's safety!

2. The local school officials have toured the entire facility and appreciated the safe environment.

3. The facility has several sections; a plinking range for small pistols and sighting shotguns;a longer range for higher powered handguns and medium range rifles;a long range rifle range and, most importantly, a 5 stand, trap and 3 skeet fields for more competitive shooting.

I can attest, firsthand, this is the absolute safest shooting facility you will ever visit. Why? How do we do this?

The club is entirely member owned and everyone takes an active roll to insure safe shooters are properly trained in the use of firearms.

The club host many charity events each year and we volunteer our time to guide new shooters through the shotgun activities.

Wednesday, Friday and the weekend days are open on the shotgun range and open to the public!!!

Pistol and Rifle range is "Member Only".

Hope this clears that up...................

So, visit your future home sites on those days and judge for youself about the noise.

If you enjoy shotgun sports, come out and have a good time!!! It is open to the public and you will find someone to help you learn the games.

Just ask...............we are there to help all folks visiting the ranges.

Old 08-24-2010, 04:08 PM

123 posts, read 280,297 times
A good reason to use a buyers agent. Your agent should know the area and reveal any material facts about the property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or