Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 04:32 AM

825 posts, read 2,809,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonmg View Post
Does anyone know how far out the sewer smell drifts out. I will live about 4 miles away and was just wondering. I will be living off shelly mullis road, south carolina. Thanks
I live in this area. My wife and I love it, moved in September 06. I've not noticed the Union County sewer smell at this distance. I think it's mostly...pardon the phrase...downwind of the sewer plant.

A few times I've noticed an odor that I think drifts up from the Bowater paper plant south of Indian Land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2007, 10:17 AM

525 posts, read 1,796,661 times
You will probably learn to tune shots out if you live there, I grew up around a Naval Air base...I can tune out jets, flying low etc....plus living at 2 Marine bases, where mortars rattle your windows and you live quarter mile if that from the rifle range...it sounds kind of like raindrops lol.....sewage..well I can't get used to that smell...or paper millls those are gross

Old 06-13-2007, 01:17 PM

2 posts, read 8,061 times
Default ldbenz

I just bought a house in Quellin - I've been there 5 or 6 times and haven't smelled anything yet. However, I have heard the rifle shots. I'm selling my house in the Reserve if anyone's interested....

QUOTE=muffinman;875235]The Millbridge development stradles the state line and sits on the south side of Kensington Road.. Also Anklin is east of the shooting range as is Quellin. Anklin and Quellin are across the street from one another on Waxhaw-Marvin Road. Anklin is small, Quellin is big and is also adjacent to the sewer plant.

As far as sewage smell, inquire about Cureton, Quelling, Lawson, Anklin and Millbridge. Cureton has the new shopping center and sits across the street from the sewage plant. Keep in mind there two huge berms on each side of the street.

The sewage plant is being expanded. Even when it's done, it will be at or near capacity. It has overflowed it's stated limits several times in the past year or so. It's so over capacity right now that the state offices required sewer permits stop being approved.

Kensington Elementary is right next to Millbridge. In fact, Millbridge probably advertises Kensington as a neighborhood school. By the time Millbridge is built out, Kensington will likely be overcrowded.[/quote]

Old 06-13-2007, 02:09 PM

197 posts, read 733,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldbenz4 View Post
I just bought a house in Quellin - I've been there 5 or 6 times and haven't smelled anything yet.
you might ask for a history of the hoa emails there over the past year or two with the county, epa etc. before you close - you will see what a struggle this has been for that subdivision

Old 10-24-2007, 02:46 AM

2 posts, read 6,218 times
Default Milbridge Home sites

Hi Im new here . I just stumbled across this thread.Anyway I am doing construction at this Milbridge site in NC Waxshaw.Been there for 2 months,you smell the sewer treatment plant in the building during humid days,you always here the gun fire from the Charlotte gun club and although the community is set back in the woods I still here road noise.Also forget about the gun club I tried joining and its like joining a private camp that dont want you.You need to be sponcered and spend time shooting w/people to get to know you then after sixs months go before the board to see if you will be excepted.Nuts

Old 10-25-2007, 03:13 PM

84 posts, read 299,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soitsbig View Post
Hi Im new here . I just stumbled across this thread.Anyway I am doing construction at this Milbridge site in NC Waxshaw.Been there for 2 months,you smell the sewer treatment plant in the building during humid days,you always here the gun fire from the Charlotte gun club and although the community is set back in the woods I still here road noise.Also forget about the gun club I tried joining and its like joining a private camp that dont want you.You need to be sponcered and spend time shooting w/people to get to know you then after sixs months go before the board to see if you will be excepted.Nuts
Appreciate your opinion.....................but, I am a fairly new member at the gun club. I think you should share more details!!!

1. Safety is number ONE out there. The purpose of the six month conditional membership is to have the chance to insure every one's safety!

2. The local school officials have toured the entire facility and appreciated the safe environment.

3. The facility has several sections; a plinking range for small pistols and sighting shotguns;a longer range for higher powered handguns and medium range rifles;a long range rifle range and, most importantly, a 5 stand, trap and 3 skeet fields for more competitive shooting.

I can attest, firsthand, this is the absolute safest shooting facility you will ever visit. Why? How do we do this?

The club is entirely member owned and everyone takes an active roll to insure safe shooters are properly trained in the use of firearms.

The club host many charity events each year and we volunteer our time to guide new shooters through the shotgun activities.

Wednesday, Friday and the weekend days are open on the shotgun range and open to the public!!!

Pistol and Rifle range is "Member Only".

Hope this clears that up...................

So, visit your future home sites on those days and judge for youself about the noise.

If you enjoy shotgun sports, come out and have a good time!!! It is open to the public and you will find someone to help you learn the games.

Just ask...............we are there to help all folks visiting the ranges.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:18 PM

536 posts, read 1,686,604 times
Red face Too funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneytoon View Post
Appreciate your opinion.....................but, I am a fairly new member at the gun club. I think you should share more details!!!

1. Safety is number ONE out there. The purpose of the six month conditional membership is to have the chance to insure every one's safety!

2. The local school officials have toured the entire facility and appreciated the safe environment.

3. The facility has several sections; a plinking range for small pistols and sighting shotguns;a longer range for higher powered handguns and medium range rifles;a long range rifle range and, most importantly, a 5 stand, trap and 3 skeet fields for more competitive shooting.

I can attest, firsthand, this is the absolute safest shooting facility you will ever visit. Why? How do we do this?

The club is entirely member owned and everyone takes an active roll to insure safe shooters are properly trained in the use of firearms.

The club host many charity events each year and we volunteer our time to guide new shooters through the shotgun activities.

Wednesday, Friday and the weekend days are open on the shotgun range and open to the public!!!

So, visit your future home sites on those days and judge for youself about the noise.

If you enjoy shotgun sports, come out and have a good time!!! It is open to the public and you will find someone to help you learn the games.

Nothing like having a log in name of "Looneytoon" and advocate safety of Guns! LMAO

Old 10-26-2007, 06:06 AM

84 posts, read 299,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith "Baby-Face" Lutz View Post
Nothing like having a log in name of "Looneytoon" and advocate safety of Guns! LMAO
Well, "Physco" was already taken....

Old 10-26-2007, 07:06 AM

40 posts, read 148,178 times
Quote:
Well, "Physco" was already taken....
I love it!!!! I needed this laugh this morning!!!!!

Old 10-26-2007, 07:35 AM

1,013 posts, read 2,972,052 times
Quote:

Thanks for the great info..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte