U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 06:30 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,868,606 times

Advertisements

A friend whose mom had dementia used an adult daycare program (specializing in dementia) while she worked and she kept her mom with her (or siblings) in the evenings. I'll see if I can get the name of the program from her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 12:11 AM

8 posts, read 24,337 times
superk -- Have you tried more than that one Sunrise facility? I've found a big difference in prices between some of them. The best price I've found so far is $2550/mo. (private pay), but that's for one of the facilities near Atlanta (where I live). If you haven't tried yet, maybe call some of the other Sunrise facilities in the Charlotte area and see if you can find a better private pay rate. Brighton Gardens is also part of the Sunrise family. From what I've seen, they all (Sunrise and Brighton Gardens) get great reviews and I haven't yet found any on the National Watch List.

If you're in Mecklenburg Co., we've found a really great contact at the DSS office. She's been extremely helpful in answering all of our questions and trying to help us put all the pieces in place so my uncle will end up at the best facility possible. Let me know if you'd like her name and number -- if you have your profile enabled for me to send an email to you, I'd be happy to give you her contact info. I think she'd be able to help you with the financial questions you have, or if she can't, she'd transfer you to someone who can. We've found that the people at Mecklenburg DSS really want to help.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:01 PM

8 posts, read 24,337 times
marvinnative -- I'm sorry, I don't know how I missed your post before. I'd be very interested in knowing the name of that program, if you're able to find out. Thanks very much!

Old 09-09-2008, 02:13 PM

3,424 posts, read 9,233,007 times
I've located a bed for my wife at the Avante of Charlotte facility on Randolph Road. She should be moving in tomorrow. I just hope I can keep all the bill collectors off my back for a while. That $5000/month is going to put a huge hole in my monthly budget.

Now that she's moving out, does anyone who's done this before know of a way to obtain funds to help me put the house back together again? I've got a huge amount of damage to repair.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,417 times
Default carrington

Do not put your family at Carrington. The place is ill managed and understaffed.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:50 AM

3,424 posts, read 9,233,007 times
By the way, I ended up placing her in Edengardens of Concord (which is a Sunrise facility). It's actually worked out better than I expected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte