U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 05:40 PM

26 posts, read 48,702 times

Advertisements

Well, I know the situation pretty much. I have a law degree and did unlawful detainers (evictions) and homeowner work for a year. However, I did choose to leave law to go into teaching to be with my family because we couldn't handle the long hours after my divorce (it was rough). That transition and the high cost of living while not being able to pay my student loans is what messed up my credit. However, at the time I felt like it was a price I had to pay. However, I am teaching online classes now and can continue to do that with my move so I will move with a job that pays about $40k a year and my daughter is working part time. So, I do have hope and things are moving in the right direction. I just had to get her through school and get out of California, simple 2+2=4.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 07:39 PM

928 posts, read 3,536,795 times
As a 6plus year renter, I found the best landlord were the ones that weren't affiliated with companies. Drive around where you'd like to live, look at the for rent signs and call the numbers. alot of people are cash strapped and won't turn away rent money. Most will require 1 months rent as a security deposit so plan ahead.

Good Luck and Check Craigslist to for private landlords.

Old 08-30-2008, 04:36 AM

1,455 posts, read 3,654,206 times
It seems to me that a few months ago when I was half-heartedly looking at apartment ads there were many that actually stated right in the ads that there was no credit check. Others would say, "your job is your credit" or something like that. My guess is that these aren't exactly in the most desirable neighborhoods, but my point is that if push comes to shove I don't think you'll have to resign yourself to living in a cardboard box just because of bad credit. You'll be able to find a place. Good luck.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,099 times
My spouse and myself are looking to move to Charlotte soon, we live now in Cheyenne, Wyoming the reason for the move is that my spouse have medical condition no longer allows us to live here anymore. We are elderly and need a 1-2 bedrooms, but our credit is not that good, my credit score have came up about 100 points because of paying my car note on time. but we need a place to live before we move and need to do this before winter sets in. we are on a fixed income when we move there. I work part time now but will not have a job when we move there, I would like to work in a hospital or a school, but until then our income is very limited. if anyone have any suggestion please contatc me by e-mail [EMAIL="dbtravelwithme@yahoo.com"]dbtravelwithme@yahoo.com[/EMAIL] Thank Dinah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte