Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 11:26 AM

264 posts, read 850,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
WOW, what a punishment
Every kids dream...
I guess I'm a little slow and don't quite understand what you mean by this.
The kid was in Kindergarten and I am sure that he was pretty embarrassed by this. He stayed home and wrote letters of apology to 5 kids while he was suspended, which is no easy feat for a kindergartener. It was no cup of tea for his mom either who had to arrange for someone to stay home with him, and was pretty upset about the whole situation.
Something worked, because since that passed he hasn't gotten into any more trouble in school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 12:58 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,252,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiT View Post
The kid was in Kindergarten and I am sure that he was pretty embarrassed by this. He stayed home and wrote letters of apology to 5 kids while he was suspended, which is no easy feat for a kindergartener. It was no cup of tea for his mom either who had to arrange for someone to stay home with him, and was pretty upset about the whole situation.
Something worked, because since that passed he hasn't gotten into any more trouble in school.
I guess you did not play hookie or loved having a cold so you can stay home and watch Captain Kangaroo, Sesame Street, Tom & Jerry, Ma & Pa Kettle,Green Acres followed by Whami (game show might been know by another name, Love Connnection (game show) then Price is Right

that what mullman means kinda like Ferris Bueller
Any one, anyone , anyone

Old 09-04-2008, 01:35 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,025,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I guess you did not play hookie or loved having a cold so you can stay home and watch Captain Kangaroo, Sesame Street, Tom & Jerry, Ma & Pa Kettle,Green Acres followed by Whami (game show might been know by another name, Love Connnection (game show) then Price is Right

Any one, anyone , anyone
Nope, if we even tried to stay home my mom made us do housework!! I went to school even if I didn't feel well...LOL, better than being assigned to sort the mis-match sock bag or helping mom clean the fridge.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:21 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,077,446 times
Quote:

Any one, anyone , anyone
Lord, no, staying home meant being under my mom's thumb. I preferred hanging at school, LOL.

But I did watch Tom & Jerry . . . in the evenings, Yogi and Boo Boo were on when we got home from school.

Yep, Mullman was talking about how staying home was no punishment b/c that just meant . . . watching tv, playing video games, etc.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:35 PM

4,222 posts, read 7,841,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiT View Post
How does this even relate to the original story? You are talking soccer mom problems with Bif and Buffy. Apples and oranges.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:31 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,034,663 times
I remember being in school suspended for something. That's the worst. You can't hang out w/ your friends, you are on lock down in this crummy room w/ ur head down doing work! Out school suspension was what kids wanted. I remember this guy would get suspended all the time. They would give him in school suspension then he'd curse someone out and they'd send him home. He's like GOOD now I can go play pool! So unfortunately I think for a lot of these kids, the parents weren't around and maybe didnt know what they were doing (or possibly didnt care).

Old 09-04-2008, 05:50 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,258,149 times
Quote:

Any one, anyone , anyone
+1

SK, we must be pretty close in ages.
Throw in a a few Little Rascals and Three Stooges, and you have it 100%.

Except in the schools I went to we were paddled. Yep, old school.
Corporal Punishment, spare the rod and spoil the child. And if I got a paddling at school I also did at home.

It worked...
I learned to behave.

My original point is that missing a day of school and writing a few notes is hardly punishment (to me at least), but apparently I am just too old.

Last edited by mullman; 09-04-2008 at 05:59 PM..

Old 09-04-2008, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenie2000 View Post
I remember being in school suspended for something. That's the worst. You can't hang out w/ your friends, you are on lock down in this crummy room w/ ur head down doing work! Out school suspension was what kids wanted. I remember this guy would get suspended all the time. They would give him in school suspension then he'd curse someone out and they'd send him home. He's like GOOD now I can go play pool! So unfortunately I think for a lot of these kids, the parents weren't around and maybe didnt know what they were doing (or possibly didnt care).
You have a good point. In-school suspension may be a lot more effective in many cases. It would really be great if bullies were sent to in-school suspension - especially if the suspension included some sort of therapy, sensitivity training, anger management, etc. Wonder if there are schools that do that?

Old 09-04-2008, 06:07 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,258,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
You have a good point. In-school suspension may be a lot more effective in many cases.
Breakfast Club

Old 09-04-2008, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Breakfast Club
You got it!!!!

YouTube - Breakfast Club Dance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte