U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 06:26 AM

35,885 posts, read 66,914,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arussell View Post
Doing a Zumba class in the morning. Meeting friends, weather permitting, and taking part in the Matthews Alive event. It will be my first. If not I will be sizzling hot dogs and burgers on my patio. Otherwise, just relaxing and doing small stuff, movies and girly things with daughter. What fun it will be to give each other facials and paint her adorable toes and fingers?
Ohhhh . . . AR - let us know about Zumba! I love to dance - what a great way to stay fit!!!

And give us a review of MatthewsAlive if you head over . . . it is supposed to be the largest parade in NC . . . and lots of activities for the whole family.

DH headed over to get the car checked out . . . the "engine check" light has come on twice now in two weeks. They can't figure out "why" - something about emissions. The car has less than 10,000 miles on it. SIGH.

We worked some more on the plans for the deck . . . and it appears we are not itching to get started, Hee Hee. I mean - we WANT the deck!!! But the energy level is really low here right now!!! Soooooo humid outside.

I have a new camera that I can't seem to figure out (all those settings!). So I took it out for half an hour yesterday evening to shoot some test shots . . . and my lens fogged up from the humidity. Now that is crazy.

I just don't think we are gonna be enthusiastic about cutting boards, digging footings, etc. in this humidity, even tho the heat is not as bad as it has been at times this summer.

Right now, planning on getting the electric trimmers out and work on shaping up some foundation plants wh/ are looking pretty scraggly right now. Not feeling very motivated but . . . it looks so nice when it is finished.

And gonna go gather the mint here in a bit . . . and make my Mint Julep syrup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRock View Post
I live smack in the middle of a tourist destination and let me tell you, it's dead here. So lots of folks must be taking a staycation. I was out and about yesterday and one would never know it was a holiday weekend. Hopefully the tourist showed up late last night or will this morning.
Wow - Crock . . . do let us know if the tourists show up. Wonder if this is going on all over western NC . . . ???

Hope you have a good weekend, whatever you end up doing . . .

Old 08-30-2008, 07:33 AM

21,956 posts, read 21,414,875 times
Well with the weather and the price of gas I would suspect many people are staying home and maybe having friends over for BBQ's and such. We are doing what we do everyday....sigh....that's what happens when you are basically retired! I am going to spend most of my day preparing 15 stuffed bell peppers to freeze for those cold winter months ahead. Not to exciting but it sure will taste awful good come January!

Old 08-30-2008, 08:08 AM

7,178 posts, read 11,176,111 times
Hard to believe, but we're staying around town this weekend as well. May go to Carowinds again on Sunday. We went last Sunday and it wasn't very crowded. I want to stop in my office for a few hours over the weekend to play a little catch-up while it's quiet. Then maybe do some geocaching if my son is off one day this weekend. And of course, there's my obligatory trips to the YMCA for my semi-daily sweat-fests.

Old 08-30-2008, 09:47 AM

14,114 posts, read 20,780,019 times
Working all weekend..FUN

Old 08-30-2008, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Well with the weather and the price of gas I would suspect many people are staying home and maybe having friends over for BBQ's and such. We are doing what we do everyday....sigh....that's what happens when you are basically retired! I am going to spend most of my day preparing 15 stuffed bell peppers to freeze for those cold winter months ahead. Not to exciting but it sure will taste awful good come January!
OHHH - Cyn - the stuffed peppers sound scrumptious! I think that is a wonderful way to spend the day! Yes, you will feel very proud of yourself come winter when you pull those peppers out.

I am now hungry for stuffed peppers!!! LOL!!! Gotta ask - how do you freeze them? Do you use ziplock bags or containers?

Old 08-30-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Hard to believe, but we're staying around town this weekend as well. May go to Carowinds again on Sunday. We went last Sunday and it wasn't very crowded. I want to stop in my office for a few hours over the weekend to play a little catch-up while it's quiet. Then maybe do some geocaching if my son is off one day this weekend. And of course, there's my obligatory trips to the YMCA for my semi-daily sweat-fests.
Well, heck - Carowinds sounds like fun!

You really should share w/ us your Geocaching experiences. Why don't you start a thread about one of your adventures? You could take pix along the way, even. I had no idea this was such a common adventure until recently.

I just checked for my zip code and about passed out w/ all the caches out there!!! AMAZING!!!!

Old 08-30-2008, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Working all weekend..FUN
Well, Himain . . . I hope you have a good weekend, regardless.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:03 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,159,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
I'm really wanting to head out tomorrow for this.

Yesterday - A Tribute To The Beatles - Tour Dates (http://www.legendsofyesterday.com/atlanticcity.html - broken link)
Have a slice on the boardwalk for me...

Old 08-30-2008, 10:06 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,159,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Well, I guess since we are posting here, we must be staying at home for Labor Day weekend . . . having a "staycation" instead of a "vacation."

I know one thing I am gonna do. I am gonna make my mint syrup for Mint Juleps . . . in case anyone stops by . . . a round of Mint Juleps will be easy to concoct . . .
I'll be right over....
Should I bring some Rhubarb pie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or