Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 08:46 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,952,454 times

Advertisements

Has any kept up with this story. It angers me that this lady was fired. Surley they could have given her some security training or something?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 08:49 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,024,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QC Misfit View Post
Has any kept up with this story. It angers me that this lady was fired. Surley they could have given her some security training or something?

The radio station should pay her wages and help her find another job.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:00 AM

1,852 posts, read 5,220,953 times
She wasn't in on the stunt and I agree, they should have just given her additional training, bet she would be quite diligent from then on. But then again, who knows what her previous record showed, if she wasn't a very good driver in the first place this might have been the perverbial icing.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:02 AM

I agree. There could have been more to it. How about a statement from CMS stating that. Look this is not the only issue we based this upon. End of Statement.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:20 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,453,580 times
I'm a little torn on this issue. I feel bad for the driver. I believe she made an honest mistake. However I don't understand why she let him on the bus, especially while talking on a cell phone. The kids that go the middle school wear uniforms and are not allowed to use a cell phone on the bus. Thank goodness it was a stupid radio stunt and not someone with malicious intent. It's a new year and CMS probably doesn't want to be seen as weak. The driver could have disciplined but I think CMS is trying to make a point by firing her.

CMS bus driver fired after stunt

Quote:
Schools superintendent Peter Gorman said drivers have been reminded that they should not let non-students on a bus. If anyone tries, they are supposed to call their supervisor, who will alert CMS law enforcement.

He criticized the station for doing the stunt in the first place, then “lauding themselves for community service – I think that is inappropriate.”

He repeated his admonition that parents have a responsibility to protect their own children and others, but says CMS was also at fault: “Our driver shouldn't have let that person on the bus. We bear responsibility for that.
You can hear the entire "prank" - 'Cubby rides to school on a bus' on
96.1 The Beat's website. It's in the center under On demand.

Last edited by NCgirl; 08-28-2008 at 09:28 AM..

Old 08-28-2008, 09:38 AM

You know it's high time that they started punishing the irrespoinsible ahoels at these radio stations, for illegal pranks.

They get away with it becasue it is journalism (4 legged animal droppings)!!!!!

They should yank the plugs for a week.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:41 AM

Great advertisment though. Look at all the free coverage they are getting.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:48 AM

Which is why they should pull the plugs on these aholes.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:53 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,783,864 times
Before listening to the "prank" I felt bad for the bus driver. After listening I agree she should have been fired. If you are driving children around you need to have SOME common sense. This woman was totally irresponsible. The parents at the bus stop are no better. There is no way I would have let my kid on the bus with this guy. What are people thinking!?!?!?!?!?!? Don't get me wrong the people at the radio station are 100% wrong but they opened some eyes with this stunt. Thank god it was not someone who ment harm to these kids.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:54 AM

364 posts, read 635,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirl View Post
I'm a little torn on this issue. I feel bad for the driver. I believe she made an honest mistake. However I don't understand why she let him on the bus, especially while talking on a cell phone. The kids that go the middle school wear uniforms and are not allowed to use a cell phone on the bus. Thank goodness it was a stupid radio stunt and not someone with malicious intent. It's a new year and CMS probably doesn't want to be seen as weak. The driver could have disciplined but I think CMS is trying to make a point by firing her.
I agree that I think the radiostation and Cubby/those involved should be held responsible. Yes, the bus driver should not have left him on. But being that it was the first day of school maybe he/she didn't know. I don't think he/she should lose their job over it though. I'm new to the area and not familiar with if the children do wear uniforms and such, so that should have been a clue.

Yeah I think something else should be done at the radio station. They miiight have been trying to point out a flaw, but I don't think it was a tasteful way to do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte