Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 02:57 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,645,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
A $90K home close to uptown will need $100K worth of work if it's in even a decent neighborhood.

Up your price to $140-$180K and that opens up a whole bevy of close-to-uptown homes on the east side of town near Cotswald, but schools aren't the greatest over there...

Otherwise, for <$100K your fiance is looking at a stiff commute to uptown or you're ok with living near some high-crime, low-income areas.

good luck.
Absolutely wrong.Mean no dis-respect but it's not right to give out this kind of information OR direction without a disclaimer that this is YOUR opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 03:08 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,156,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
Absolutely wrong.Mean no dis-respect but it's not right to give out this kind of information OR direction without a disclaimer that this is YOUR opinion.
why all the hate?

It IS true, I have three of 'em myself. If you want one, send me a message!

Old 09-18-2008, 03:42 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,645,705 times
Quote:
why all the hate?

Please. There is no hate what-so-ever! I really don't care how many you have it still does not substantiate your statements. Do I want one of yours? No. That doesn't make you right. And I am not going to post on a public forum how many I have OR my financials. I am basing my statement on facts as they relate to actual buying, re-habbing and selling .You may accept my statement as factual or any other way you wish.I won't be offended.

I apoligze for the way this sounds as a keyboard doesn't give emotion, but suffice it to say, I feel you are wrong based on my personal experience. That's all. Nothing more. No hate.

Paz and Love,
je

Old 09-18-2008, 06:08 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,394,202 times
Quote:
why all the hate?

I don't think either johne or I intended to come off sounding hateful. We just reacted to your statement that "a whole bevy of close-to-uptown homes on the east side of town near Cotswald" can be had for $140,000 to 180,000.

I know where yours are now that you have dm'ed me (thanks) but in my opinion you are in a tiny sliver of an area with homes in this range - there really is not "a bevy". Also, your homes are really nowhere near Cotswold so it felt a little disingenuous of you to state that, for me. No harm intended, just trying to get it accurate around here

Old 09-19-2008, 10:24 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,312,703 times
Default moderator note:

From the terms of service

Quote:
Our opinions on a location or issue are just that, opinions. Highly subjective. Personal preferences. Quirks, even. Leave wiggle room for dialogue, others may not see things the same as you, or been there as long as you, and any one of us can be wrong. Pouncing on someone you disagree with runs contrary to the spirit of this board and its members. We are here to help each other.

Old 09-21-2008, 04:27 PM

252 posts, read 876,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNaomi View Post
My husband & I just moved here from Chicago with the same 90-100K budget. We didn't find anything in Charlotte that was in an ok neighborhood for that price. However, we also didn't look into foreclosures since as first-time homeowners we didn't want to be involved in that process. We ended up finding a nice home in Kannapolis, just outside the city, for 92K. I only commute to the university area, it usually takes me 15-20 minutes, but if the commute wouldn't bother you and you don't mind suburbs, I'd check out Kannapolis or Concord.
I am sure if you had a good realtor he could have found a home in your range. There are some very nice established neighborhoods that have 100k home that only need a little comestics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte