Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2008, 10:02 AM

4 posts, read 6,180 times

Advertisements

Well my husband finally got his weekends off, and we are at a loss as to where we can go just for a nice evening out. We are tired of doing the Red Lobsters and the Carrabras...we would like go to a nice lounge or something like that. My husband loves smooth jazz, I like R&B. We are both 26, with 2 little ones, and the club scene is not really a big thing because of the noisy atmosphere and sometimes the people.
We have been in Charlotte for close to 3 1/2 years now, but we really haven't hung out. We have been to a play at the Oven's, a Bobcats game..hoping to go see Mary J. and Robin Thicke when they come to the Amphitheater the end of this month.
If anyone has any suggestions of where we could go maybe twice a month, send the girls to my Mom's or the babysitter, we would appreciate it.

Thanks...
** We are both transplants from NYC, so we dont have many friends, except from his job, and from my online group on another site**
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 10:13 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,237,478 times
Have you tried Blue?

Blue Restaurant and Bar in Charlotte | Fine Dining from around the Mediterranean region

Old 09-01-2008, 10:29 AM

4 posts, read 6,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Have you tried Blue?

[URL="http://www.bluerestaurantandbar.com/"]Blue Restaurant and Bar in Charlotte | Fine Dining from around the Mediterranean region[/URL]
No we hadn't...what do you recommend?

Old 09-01-2008, 12:11 PM

Blue (in Hearst Tower) and Bentleys on 27 (Charlotte Plaza) are both what I consider "romantic" - and have great atmosphere along with a terrific city view at nite. Since I find those views romantic and enjoy getting dressed up and going uptown . . . DH and I really enjoy that kind of experience. Not sure if that is what you are looking for, but I do highly recommend both of them. These are not bargain outings, but even tho you will spend some $$$, quality and atmosphere make it worth it for a special outing.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:37 PM

28,355 posts, read 16,306,186 times
If you're looking for a "hang-out" type local bar, my wife and I really like the Tyber Creek Pub. It's on the corner of South Blvd and E. Tremont. Their homemade potato chips are really good.

There was a Jazz place on Church St. near the stadium uptown, but I believe it moved out to the University area somewhere.

We really enjoy a dinner at ARPA now and then. It's great if you like tapas. Zinq is also nice.

The Grape (one location in Southpark and one in the Northlake Mall) is very nice to just have a glass of wine in a place that is quiet enough to have a conversation.

Actually the hotel bar in the Hilton on 3rd Ave uptown is one of the coolest "lounge-y" type places I've been to in Charlotte. We were very pleasantly surprised. They make a really good Old Fashioned, to boot.

It really depends on what you're looking for...

Old 09-01-2008, 04:59 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,384,540 times
Here's some link of places to go:

House of Jazz: The House of Jazz
The Jazz Cafe no website: 2127 Ayrsley Town Blvd suite 1, Charlotte NC
NightLife gives a breakdown of things happening in advance, such as Musiq Soulchild on Sept 1: NightLifeLink.com: R U Linked?
Kiss: www.kisscharlotte.com

You must get out and enjoy Charlotte, hope some of these links help.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:41 AM

HOOLIGAN: I have never darkened the door of the Hilton, and your rec has inspired me to suggest this to DH . . . seems we have missed out on a location - especially one that makes a good old-fashioned, LOL. Thanks!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte