U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-10-2008, 12:52 PM

84 posts, read 141,492 times
I can't believe I just saw this thread! I hate hate hate the bank we have here! Out in San Diego, we had Washington Mutual and I NEVER had so many issues cashing a check as I do here. I mean...I've only been here since FEB and I have had so many issues with them, from online banking, to cashing a check, to a check clearing..basically they stink!!! I don't want to switch banks but eventually, I'm going to have to because I am making my husband crazy complaining about them.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 01:22 PM

35,146 posts, read 41,633,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastybrew View Post
I can't believe I just saw this thread! I hate hate hate the bank we have here! Out in San Diego, we had Washington Mutual and I NEVER had so many issues cashing a check as I do here. I mean...I've only been here since FEB and I have had so many issues with them, from online banking, to cashing a check, to a check clearing..basically they stink!!! I don't want to switch banks but eventually, I'm going to have to because I am making my husband crazy complaining about them.
I am so sorry, Tasty. I have decided to start asking questions in person at my branch bank. Do you think it would help if you go in person? Cause I have found the phone calls are just not cutting it for me.

I loved my bank in Kansas so I know what you mean . . . however, now that I think back . . . I usually went to the branch rather than calling when there was an issue or a question. I am thinking showing up in person is the key.

It is really a big inconvenience when one's banking account is not user friendly!!!

Old 09-10-2008, 04:44 PM

439 posts, read 770,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post

Little did I know that the Bank won't allow but six transfers out of ANY savings account in a month. Doesn't matter how BIG the transfers are. Just not any more than six.

That racked up $105 in overdraft charges. I call bank. They tell me BY LAW they can only transfer money from a savings account 6 x w/in any billing cycle.

I haven't taken the time, yet, to read all the other posts. But I have to tell you that I set up a Savings Account for my own "away-at-college" son. It is with one of the banks that you said you are NOT using.

The 6x draft is a FEDERAL Law. This was a huge surprise to me! When I questioned the banker about it, I asked if it was because of 911. She kind of shrugged it off and said, "No, it's been that way for years." Still, news to me. So, I learned something about my own savings account, too.

She did tell me, however, that that 6x law is only for checks and transfers. If we get to the 6, and we need to draw more $$ from the savings account, we'll have to visit the branch in person and make those transfers. HTH.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:16 PM

5,285 posts, read 4,831,175 times
I can't stay enough for face-to-face meeting.I'm a urban type guy and doen't think about getting in my car to go and meet a bank rep face to face. It's so ironic what happen this morning vis a vi this thread...My accountant came in for his "monthly".One hour into it we have a problem with my "version" of the BOA operating statement and their's. I call the bank (4 minutes from my house) and ask if I can come in. My acct. and I go there. Twenty minutes later all is resolved! They were showing less than I thought we had because they moved some money into liquid interest bearing accounts (to my advatage) that I didn't know about.

If you want a less stressful life, need to resolve problems without listening to Musiac---go to a face to face at your branch.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:53 PM

38 posts, read 75,093 times
Smile limit on savings withdrawals

i heard from my old bank (TCF) staff that the reason for such a rule was to promote savings and prevent money being withdrawn for all the small requirements often. therefore no restrictions on checking withdrawals but limits the number of times you could withdraw from the savings

Old 09-10-2008, 07:54 PM

50 posts, read 92,904 times
Default I agree

I had Commerce bank in NY and I loved them I never had a problem with Commerce, but I had a ton of problems with Wachovia and BB&T

Old 09-10-2008, 08:20 PM

8,321 posts, read 9,873,371 times
Ani, they are all bastids unfortunately...

its caveat emptor (buyer beware).....

I pulled an article from 12 YEARS ago talking about how banks were starting to make money off exorbinant fees...its unfortunately gotten much worse...

Banking fees on the rise - Oct. 4, 1996

In general I try to stick w/cash points (no fee atm) or stick w/Wachovia for me...in terms of the 6 transfer max thing, I've never run into that...sorry to hear that

Old 09-10-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Ani, they are all bastids unfortunately...

its caveat emptor (buyer beware).....

I pulled an article from 12 YEARS ago talking about how banks were starting to make money off exorbinant fees...its unfortunately gotten much worse...

Banking fees on the rise - Oct. 4, 1996

In general I try to stick w/cash points (no fee atm) or stick w/Wachovia for me...in terms of the 6 transfer max thing, I've never run into that...sorry to hear that
Hey, Jack! One of our friends owns a company that distributes/installs/maintains bank ATMs . . . and I remember in the early 90s when he was telling us about the fees . . .wow - that was nothing compared to today!!! We all just got used to those fees, then they sneaked more in on us, LOL. But we have to thank Congress for that - they allowed it!!!

I told my hubby about the posts here . . . and he agrees . . . we are just gonna have to do more face-to-face banking. Kind of ironic - I mean - I was so glad to have online banking!!

Thanks for the link - it is neat to compare today's situation w/ 12 years ago . . .

Old 09-10-2008, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvana6992 View Post
I had Commerce bank in NY and I loved them I never had a problem with Commerce, but I had a ton of problems with Wachovia and BB&T
We had Commerce in Kansas (it is the same bank, right?) Regardless, they were TERRIFIC to work with, but truly - I never phoned them - I went over to see them (they were close by) and I just enjoyed the tellers, LOL. So I liked going by there!!! Great service.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:39 PM

JOHN: I am adapting your "urban style" LOL and from here out - doing my banking in person.

Just wish my bank served cookies. Now, the branch bank we use in Boone - they serve cookies every day! Cookies and free coffee. Nice . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte