U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-12-2008, 07:12 PM

358 posts, read 693,914 times
This article is on News14 website and is also quoting Gov. Easly in regards to price gouging. There is a link in the article for NC dep. of Justice where you can submit a price gouging complaint form...I have submitted... let's see if we can get as many people as possible to participate..

News 14 | 24 Hour Local News | TOP STORIES | Gas prices climb as Ike approaches
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 08:42 PM

1,521 posts, read 3,226,429 times
$3.79 was the cheapest I saw on the way back for mthe fair tonight. Some stations as high as 4.29.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:48 PM

11,760 posts, read 17,643,444 times
I'll have to go check that BP station near my house & see where they ended up at.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:52 PM

21,780 posts, read 37,957,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darling876 View Post
This article is on News14 website and is also quoting Gov. Easly in regards to price gouging. There is a link in the article for NC dep. of Justice where you can submit a price gouging complaint form...I have submitted... let's see if we can get as many people as possible to participate..

News 14 | 24 Hour Local News | TOP STORIES | Gas prices climb as Ike approaches
If he was a governor for the people he would also temporary drop the gas tax til all this subsides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting2go View Post
NJ gas prices still $3.29 for regular with no lines. Who caused all this craziness down there???
If I am not mistaken NJ has it own refinery

Old 09-12-2008, 08:53 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,171,821 times
The BP at Old Statesville and Harris was about $4.79 or close to that when I passed there earlier this evening. Those morons that run that place are out of touch with reality. There was one car there getting fuel, while the station across the street was backed up due to their price being around $3.99 or so.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:13 PM

5,923 posts, read 6,479,827 times
The name of the game is to remember which gas station gouged their customers AND NEVER GO BACK THERE!

Sorry gang, but I hold a grudge when someone puts it to me!

Last edited by Stripes17; 09-12-2008 at 09:14 PM.. Reason: clarity

Old 09-12-2008, 09:22 PM

454 posts, read 1,543,379 times
I have been hearing stories of gas stations around here being $3.79 a gallon or so, and changing their prices to as much as $5.50 in ONE leap. Inexcusable! This gas thing is crazy....some stations are leaving the gas at the lower prices.

I believe in karma. I hope it appears in the form of "employee error" one day when someone makes a typo and enters the gas price in the computers as $.55, and they don't realize it until about 600 customers fill their tanks!

Old 09-12-2008, 09:38 PM

155 posts, read 198,774 times
This price gouging is just completely insane and un called for! I will try to pay attention as others said as to which stations are gouging and I will remember and probably not go there or avoid them in the future.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:11 PM
ASC

50 posts, read 84,975 times
According to the National News, like Fox, and CNN, they are reporting that gas is not just going up in North and South Carolina, but also in Arkansas, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, basically most or all of the Southeastern States have seen prices skyrocket, and prices in Florida are running about $5.00 a gallon (according to the news), go to gasbuddy.com and click on Gas Temperature Map, and you'll see that entire Southeast is seeing some increase in price. It's happening here, and not in the North, or the West, because we are fed by two pipelines the Colonial and Plantation, which come directly out of the Gulf.

Now, with that said, yes, these prices are absolutely ridiculous, and I refuse to pay $5.50 a gallon. And I will not be getting gas until these prices subside, even if I have to hitchhike!

But, anyways, that is the "reasoning" behind it, if you can call it that. So people up North aren't paying the price, but it's because there's no threat to their oil supply, so it would be even more absurd for their prices to go up.

One more thing, the local news stations are reporting on the gouging, and they said that Police in York County are photographing stations who have gouged their prices and urge us to do the same, like turning in receipts, or taking pictures.

P.S. If you live in the Northlake Area- Gas at the On The Run at the corner of Harris Blvd. and Mt. Holly-Huntersville Road has gas at $3.73 a gallon as of 11:30pm. DO NOT pay the ridiculous $4.59 a gallon at the intersection of Hambright Road and Mt. Holly-Huntersville, as there is only 2 miles (max.) distance between the two. I filled out a gouging report on that station. Gas in Gastonia at the Petro Express at Cox Road and I-85 was still at $3.63 a gallon at about 11:00 pm tonight.

Old 09-13-2008, 06:31 AM

2,447 posts, read 4,565,045 times
Quote:
Gas in Gastonia at the Petro Express at Cox Road and I-85 was still at $3.63 a gallon at about 11:00 pm tonight.
The BP in Belmont had regular at $4.09. That's crazy!

Last night (around 8:00) the average in Steele Creek was $3.66. I 'm interested to see how much it went up overnight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte