U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 02:19 PM

22,974 posts, read 60,759,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyV View Post
Must have been. Rock Hill Chevron is 3.99 now on the list.

Exit 85 off of 77 has a gas station that's pretty low and there are 3 on the corner of 160 and Johnston Rd. (521) that are always competing with each other. There's also one on 51 next to the flea market in Fort Mill. Just cross the line to SC and the extra few miles really pays off.
wow that was fast lol I just got my shoes . no earlier when that website link was posted it was that 2.16 at the Chevron in Rock Hill

Im trying to stretch my half of tank the best I can til price drops and this cool rain weather helps so I dont have to run the a/c
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 02:24 PM

3,356 posts, read 9,235,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
It's funny how you guys are freaking out especially barkingowl. Gas is currently $13 a gallon in the UK. $5 a gallon is nothing. If you don't like the price of gas then ride mass transit.
You will also find in the UK, that the mass transit is far better than most places in the USA and makes riding mass transit an easy option, alas here more often than not it is not doable.

For example, I live in Charlotte the nearest bus stop is 2 miles away and there are no sidewalks????

Old 09-16-2008, 04:07 PM

35,883 posts, read 70,188,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
You will also find in the UK, that the mass transit is far better than most places in the USA and makes riding mass transit an easy option, alas here more often than not it is not doable.

For example, I live in Charlotte the nearest bus stop is 2 miles away and there are no sidewalks????
Oh, my - the sidewalk issue. That drives me NUTS. There should be sidewalks all over and there are none in many areas. None in my neighborhood, for ex.

Don't laugh but since I grew up here, I never thought too much about there not being gutters/curbing and sidewalks in many areas around CLT. Honestly - never consciously noticed it - til I was in college and a prof asked me why there were so many areas w/o sidewalks and many neighborhoods - without guttering/curbing.

This can make for areas that are not very pedestrian-friendly. I am so glad to see that new areas are better planned.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:11 PM

35,883 posts, read 70,188,017 times
Quote:
With the way gas prices have fluctuated, I would think we would all wise up and fill out tanks when they reached half full, so there would never be a run like there was this past weekend.

I find this link quite usefull when it's time to fill up.

[SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]http://autos.msn.com/everyday/GasStations.aspx?m=1&l=1&zip=29730&x=16&y=10[/SIZE]
Neat link! Thank you for posting!

Old 09-17-2008, 06:06 AM

21,956 posts, read 22,293,813 times
Funny...I have never had sidewalks/gutters/curbing and I lived in several places in CA and now here in NC!! Never had any kind of mass transit even within 10 miles either!! Ha! I have basically lived in rural areas though! I guess if you've never had it you don't miss it! I did read today that the gas prices are once again going down. Not sure how much but at least they aren't going up!

Old 09-17-2008, 10:02 PM

32 posts, read 105,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Oh, my - the sidewalk issue. That drives me NUTS. There should be sidewalks all over and there are none in many areas. None in my neighborhood, for ex.

Don't laugh but since I grew up here, I never thought too much about there not being gutters/curbing and sidewalks in many areas around CLT. Honestly - never consciously noticed it - til I was in college and a prof asked me why there were so many areas w/o sidewalks and many neighborhoods - without guttering/curbing.

This can make for areas that are not very pedestrian-friendly. I am so glad to see that new areas are better planned.
What about bycicle lanes? It takes me about 5 minutes to drive a car to work as 10-12minutes on my bycicle. I grew up in the Netherlands and am used to sidewalks and bycicle lanes, I miss this here. If you want to be somewhat safe riding a bycicle you have to drive on a sidewalk duhhhh ... Anyways hpw long B4 gas station will show more then $ 00. 9/10 I do not understand the HYPE Every year it comes back, so they should be prepared for all this..... but no.... stick ya head in the sand huh??? Goverment or ???

Old 09-17-2008, 10:24 PM

22,974 posts, read 60,759,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameridutchman View Post
What about bycicle lanes? It takes me about 5 minutes to drive a car to work as 10-12minutes on my bycicle. I grew up in the Netherlands and am used to sidewalks and bycicle lanes, I miss this here. If you want to be somewhat safe riding a bycicle you have to drive on a sidewalk duhhhh ... Anyways hpw long B4 gas station will show more then $ 00. 9/10 I do not understand the HYPE Every year it comes back, so they should be prepared for all this..... but no.... stick ya head in the sand huh??? Goverment or ???
sidewalks, bike lanes need petroleum to be produced the cost of fuel effects the cost of asphalt and cement.
This area has plenty of sidewalks in areas that have high concentration of people.
Only new development and YES new development is putting sidewalks and bike lanes to nowhere in where there is less right of way red tape.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:19 PM

11 posts, read 26,164 times
Quote:
With the way gas prices have fluctuated, I would think we would all wise up and fill out tanks when they reached half full, so there would never be a run like there was this past weekend.

I find this link quite usefull when it's time to fill up.

[SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]http://autos.msn.com/everyday/GasStations.aspx?m=1&l=1&zip=29730&x=16&y=10[/SIZE]

That link doesn't do you any good if the staions have those plastic bags over all the pumps.

The way it looks, it will be at least one more week until the wholesalers stop rationing product to the resalers in the Charlotte area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte