Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 06:59 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,135,399 times

Advertisements

We were in a contract on a Pulte home with Pulte mortgage and there was some funny math involved. We showed them where it didn't make sense, and they disagreed. We were not able to negotiate with them at all, and backed out of the contract. Things might be different now since they are probably desperate to sell homes, but we did not have a good negotiating experience with Pulte mortgage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 07:42 PM

345 posts, read 871,404 times
Thank you all.

Finally I decided to go with Pulte Mortgage because they are giving money towards closing cost..so it's about 0.2% more than other lenders. I think it's alright because of their incentives.

This is my first home..learned some lessons. Never commit to go with your builder's mortgage, right their you are loosing your bargain/shopping options..anyway I hope I good with their rate now.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:07 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,702,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHV View Post
I am sure this is too late.

I am also buying a Pulte home and HAVE to use their lender to get the incentives (rip off).
How is that a "rip-off"? They are saying we will give you [insert specific incentive(s) here] if you use our preferred lender". Its not like they are holding a gun to your head and forcing them to use that lender. They are just offering something extra to the buyer to encourage them to use a particular lender. Seems like a good business practice to me.

Ryan offered us certain incentives to use their lender - we decided to go with someone else - it was no big deal. In doing so, we gave up a certain incentive on the house but we knew that, and were ok with that. But we didn't feel ripped off because of it - we had a choice of lenders, weighed the pros and cons of each, and made a decision that we felt was best for us.

By your logic, if the Sunday Observer has a coupon for $1.00 off a 12-pack of Pepsi, are the consumers who prefer to drink Coke getting ripped off because they are not getting that same incentive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte