Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 10:01 AM

22 posts, read 23,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emy View Post
What do you think of St. Lawrence versus Orleans homes at Lawson?
I think they are both very nice, I've been looking into those builders at Lawson as well...I think I prefer the floor plans of the Orleans, they are more open and spacious whereas St. Lawrence seems to have rooms all over and makes me feel closed off the most of the house at times... I guess it really depends on your taste, likes and dislikes. I do know this St. Lawrence was having a hec of a time at first selling homes when lawson first opened, don't know why, just what I heard and they have alot of Specs for sale (in my opinion)

We are leaning towards a spec buy may wind up building but Orleans has a beautiful spec for sale and the price can't be beat for what they offer...Thats why we may go wiht the spec rather than build...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2007, 10:38 AM

73 posts, read 330,618 times
Just curious... Being that Lawson is so popular, does anyone have any recent pictures of the neighborhood (common areas, amenities). I am building a Orleans home there, but live in another state. Would love to see how the development is looking these days.

Old 04-19-2007, 12:56 PM

28 posts, read 69,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fll-to-clt View Post
Hi!
I just bought one of the spec homes in Lawson - St. Lawrence builder - - I absolutely can't wait to move up! Getting a few bites on my house here in Weston (South Florida)....keep your fingers crossed for me!

I've been looking for homes in Charlotte for several months now - I think I've looked just about everywhere along the "Providence Road Corridor" in Union county, as well as the Ballantyne area - those were the areas I liked the best.

I wanted a private, wooded lot that would fit my price range - and a master upstairs.

I absolutely LOVED the Lawson community - I saw it after I visited Cureton, Quellin, so many more....what struck me was the WOODS. They are committed to not NUKING the lots! (at least the st. lawrence, orleans and shea) - so many beautiful hardwoods were left - lots of greenspace will be preserved - that was important to me.

The shopping center (Cureton Town Center) is convenient (if you can cross Providence road!) the Harris Teeter is Open and lovely - and i hear they're supposed to build a movie theater there - - don't know because of the moritorium...

Anyway - my boys and I are excited for the move. The middle school looks amazing - and the elementary school has a great record. I'm moving into a lovely family-oriented neighborhood, looks like fantastic amenities (they have dug the hole for one of the pools!!! yeah!!) - and a great house.

Good luck!!!
I'm in a St. Lawrence home in Lawson. You're probably moving to my block, 'cause there are a couple of specs on it.
One reason there are several St. Lawrence specs is because a couple of committed buyers backed out. They really are great houses on nicely wooded lots.

Old 04-19-2007, 05:27 PM

20 posts, read 69,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb36 View Post
Just curious... Being that Lawson is so popular, does anyone have any recent pictures of the neighborhood (common areas, amenities). I am building a Orleans home there, but live in another state. Would love to see how the development is looking these days.
Hi Deb,
I am building a home in Lawson with St Lawrence & I have pics but only of their section in the community. I can tell you however, that the amenities have not been completed yet. They have the area blocked off as "no trespassing/construction area/workers only" so I was not even able to see the current progress. The community does look really good though especially since spring has arrived!

Old 04-19-2007, 06:56 PM

73 posts, read 330,618 times
Thanks pseraphin. I can't wait to see the neighborhood with all the trees now that spring has arrived. I won't be there until summer though. I am sure that it will look beautiful.

Old 04-19-2007, 07:27 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,379,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb36 View Post
Thanks pseraphin. I can't wait to see the neighborhood with all the trees now that spring has arrived. I won't be there until summer though. I am sure that it will look beautiful.
Orleans has a beautiful spec home wooded lot 399,900 however No bonus room so we werent interested in it but it is beautiful In Lawson

Old 04-19-2007, 08:59 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,379,501 times
I love that ryland house looks so southern, however its all vinyl...ummmm

Old 04-19-2007, 09:05 PM

20 posts, read 69,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith "Baby-Face" Lutz View Post
Was out there last weekend, these are my pics... http://www.realestateshows.com/show....asic&id=152726

Aren't these pictures on the St. Lawrence website?

Old 04-20-2007, 06:12 AM

889 posts, read 3,117,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseraphin View Post
Aren't these pictures on the St. Lawrence website?
You put together some nice pics. St.Lawrence does put out some nice quality homes.

Old 04-20-2007, 07:00 AM

67 posts, read 65,061 times
Hi, Just wanted to mention, the link to the schools does not show the accurate schools for Lawson. The kids go to Kensington Elementary, Marvin Ridge Middle & High
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte