Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2007, 06:20 AM

72 posts, read 292,866 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking to relocate from NJ (originally from MA)to NC. My husband is a contractor working for someone right now. I'm an interior designer. He would like to find work with another high end construction co. that builds residential homes or renovations. We are in contact with a realtor down there and she has given us some names. We will be visiting the middle of Feb. Anyone with any info on who is the best source to contact in this field of work for employment would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2007, 10:59 PM

473 posts, read 1,578,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivekids View Post
My husband and I are looking to relocate from NJ (originally from MA)to NC. My husband is a contractor working for someone right now. I'm an interior designer. He would like to find work with another high end construction co. that builds residential homes or renovations. We are in contact with a realtor down there and she has given us some names. We will be visiting the middle of Feb. Anyone with any info on who is the best source to contact in this field of work for employment would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
I think you need to drive around and see where the building is going on, too. north and northeast of Charlotte is booming. I think a lot of the south, west, and east are done. I'm not certain but that's what I've heard...

Old 02-07-2007, 05:25 AM

Smile visiting next week

Hi,
We will be visiting next week and have an appointment with a realtor to take us around to some different areas. We will be in the area for a couple of days, so some of that time we will do research on our own. Just thought if there were people out there that had already gone thru the process and had info it might help. We are only familiar with New England area. On an earlier post someone had compared some of the areas in NC to areas around Boston. That was really helpful because I am familiar with those areas and could get a real good feel thru the comparison as to what different areas in NC would be like. Thanks.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:24 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Five we are making our 2nd trip to NC next week as well, I have to say read my post under WOW last day in Union County..Its a great thread and it explains my 1st trip and well I cant wait to go back..our realtor took us around and we drove around, and I have narrowed it down to 3 newer resale developments in Union County, Ive done my research since july of 06, I reasearched all areas before deciding on Union County, as Union wasnt even 1 of the areas we were going to look at, as Im so glad we did...Love the Schools in Waxhaw/Marvin/Weddington there will be 3 new schools that my kids will be going to and weddington has great schools as well...I live in an area with all trees, and horse farms and most of my area is like that, its suburbia, and I must say I fell in love with this area because it reminded me of Home....Even if the horse farms go away to building and tress, it was just the atmoshpere that I loved so much....

Old 02-07-2007, 05:08 PM

Smile thanks njmom

thanks, I think I will check out the union county area, it's not where I was thinking. How long have you been in NJ? did you grow up here? We are going down to NC next week and will be looking at Mooresville, Huntersville, areas, but we will check out the other as well. alot of where we end up will depend on jobs as well. Need to have good school system as well, have 8 yr.old twins. soooo looking forward to leaving this rat race.
Pam

Old 02-07-2007, 06:03 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Pam,
We are in NJ 8 years born and raised in Brooklyn and then lived in Staten Island and made the jump to jersey...Union County Schools are excellent so I encourge you to look at greatschools.net and click on all the schools Union is growing by leaps and bounds so there will be alot of new schools that are currently and will be opening for all the growth...some of the schools are overcroweded but they are trying to keep up with it.....Moorseville schools look great also you will have to figure out where you or dh will be commuting to..chances are mine will be traveling to Uptown Charlotte so from where we are looking it about 1 hour max best case senerio 45 min....not too bad...prices in union county depending on where you go will be more expensive than moorseville from the research that Ive done, I have been reserearching NC since July of 06 and its mind boggling to say the least...good luck to you as we will be down there next thursday as well....

Staci
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte