Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 06:52 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,375,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
For all you newcomers did you bury St Joseph statue to help you move here quicker by selling your property quicker?

Did you notice a time frame difference before the burial had taken place and the time it was buried?
A cousin of mine had trouble selling her condo. She decided on a Fri. to bury the statue, she got 3 offers that weekend & a contracy signed on Monday.

My house in NY was a nightmare. Lots of problems with it, really needed to be torn down & startover, we weren't going to sink the money into it to do it. We thought we'd never get a buyer so we put it up "as is" & had a re agent friend handle it for us. After a few weeks of casual lookers, I got my brother to Bless a St. Joseph statue for me (he calls it "Catholic VooDoo")& inthe ground he went. That week, we got 3 offers & a signed contract the week later (5 wks total after we first started showing it).

The closing was another story...that took another 3 mths because of his lazy lawyer.....don't have any statues for that, LOL!

BxRosie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 08:00 AM

4,139 posts, read 11,485,846 times
No, I personally don't believe that burying a statue will sell a house.

I will say that we have sold 3 houses in our marriage and all have sold within a month. We did not use a statue.

Dawn

Old 09-17-2008, 08:22 AM

23,811 posts, read 34,654,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
A cousin of mine had trouble selling her condo. She decided on a Fri. to bury the statue, she got 3 offers that weekend & a contracy signed on Monday.

My house in NY was a nightmare. Lots of problems with it, really needed to be torn down & startover, we weren't going to sink the money into it to do it. We thought we'd never get a buyer so we put it up "as is" & had a re agent friend handle it for us. After a few weeks of casual lookers, I got my brother to Bless a St. Joseph statue for me (he calls it "Catholic VooDoo")& inthe ground he went. That week, we got 3 offers & a signed contract the week later (5 wks total after we first started showing it).

The closing was another story...that took another 3 mths because of his lazy lawyer.....don't have any statues for that, LOL!

BxRosie
Thanks, Rosie. Mine's going up "as is" with a few things fixed. There's some investors waiting, so thought I would wait & see. I think I'll get a statue & bury him just for added insurance.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:36 PM

877 posts, read 1,911,570 times
Anyone know where to buy one in Charlotte?

Old 09-19-2008, 09:20 AM

314 posts, read 1,136,065 times
I had trouble selling my house. Lots of showings, no bites. The house is great, but it's on a busy road.
So, we buried a statue. No change. We lowered the price and we got even more showings, and one lowball offer. We had several people interested...and then sewage backed up into my basement. Sewage flooded the entire basement with 4 inches of sewage. We're in the process of getting everything cleaned up and repaired now...then it goes back on the market. Now we have to find someone interested in our home who not only doesn't mind the busy road, but also doesn't mind that it had sewage backed up in the basement.

I may have to bury a few more statues. Do they sell the statues in bulk? Also, what are the rules on burying a whole box of statues, is that cool, or do I have to bury them one by one?

Old 09-21-2008, 06:35 AM

201 posts, read 803,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm View Post
I'll be trying to sell my house in Michigan soon. I won't be burying a statue or anything like that. And I'll let the gods go ahead and worry about more important things. My fiance want to bury a Joe though. I won't stop her, but I do think it's silly.
If you are trying to sell in Michigan, you may want to try just about anything. We sold our home there about a year and a half ago, but my brother-in-law has had his home on and off the market for about two years and it just isn't moving...even with a major price drop. I know the market is really tough up there and has been for a while now. I wish you the best of luck!

Old 09-21-2008, 12:41 PM

225 posts, read 715,874 times
My daughter in law has buried her's for approximately 7 months in Fort Mill and no action.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:55 AM

105 posts, read 406,259 times
I buried the statue and am still waiting for my house to sell. We have had it on the market since January. I do beleive in it but it just hasn't worked for me.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:52 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,489,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtinax01 View Post
I buried the statue and am still waiting for my house to sell. We have had it on the market since January. I do beleive in it but it just hasn't worked for me.
take it out give it a blessing heck let it hang with you while your in church maybe have it baptise then bury it again.

Good Luck

Old 09-23-2008, 02:53 PM

104 posts, read 283,827 times
Make sure you bury it the correct way..it worked for us! Was running out of time, buried the little guy and got an offer right away! We dug him up and brought him with us..never know when you may did a little help again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte