Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 03:35 AM

24 posts, read 62,403 times

Advertisements

what about the SouthPark Mall/Phillips Place/Morrocroft Village area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 06:17 AM

195 posts, read 536,317 times
A lot of people like it there as well; keep in mind that is one of the most popular commutes (meaning trafffic). You can rent a condo near East Blvd and Scott Ave in Dilworth. There is everything walkable around there and you are close to Uptown.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:53 PM

24 posts, read 62,403 times
Now, is the SouthEnd area a spot where you can walk down the street and have restaurants, cafes, bars, shopping, grocery store, etc all in one area?

Old 10-03-2008, 02:58 PM

96 posts, read 227,134 times
My only advice is move quick, cause this place is awesome! I love Charlotte, I moved here about 18 moths ago, and haven't regretted it one bit

Old 10-07-2008, 03:00 PM

3 posts, read 6,052 times
I just moved here from Atlanta. Someone responded and recommended Blakeney, Atkins Circle, and Piper Glen. I live at Blakeney, and while they are very nice, they would not be in the 800-900 price range. I would definitely NOT recommend Atkins Circle, the Property Manager their gave me an extremely hard time bordering discrimination when I tried to apply there, plus I have read really bad reviews about the place. The area where these apartments are located are not good areas for young people who want to socialize. It is more young families in starter homes than anything. It is also a 25 minute drive to the city where most of the action is from this part of town, and very suburban. When my lease is up, I am moving closer in town.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:50 PM

15 posts, read 37,317 times
Default Some alternatives

There are a couple of other alternatives if you are open to driving rather than walking to work.
An area called Elizabeth [area 4-1 in our real estate listings] would be about a 10+ minute commute. There is a rental listing on Greenway Ave for a 3br/1bth duplex in an old home that is within walking distance to Starbucks, restaurant/bars etc. Elizabeth is a great old area that has a degree of funkyness [in a good way].
There is a condo for rent in Myers Park on Roswell 2br/2bth that is an older building in a great area near Queens University, though not as much within walking distance [you can walk to Selwyn Pub- great beer selection on tap if you like Irish and English brews- also great hangout for 20somethings and Queens grad school people].
Also a rental in Southpark- on Governor Morrisson st 1 br/1bth new building built in 2007. Walk to Southpark Mall and all area restaurants, includinig a fair amount of new places including a new Barnes and Noble opening this month that are within a 1 minute walk- a great location, but probably a 15+ minute commute.
The other areas mentioned would be good, though Dilworth area/East Blvd might be better than Southend for walkingdistance options- note Dilworth and Southend border each other, so you can hit each areas nightlife easy- Dilworth has the grocery though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte