U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 01:05 PM

25 posts, read 64,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinablue View Post
Hell yes! Go Niners!!!
Wow, a Tarheel fan giving props to the Niners? Never thought I would see the day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 05:14 PM

613 posts, read 1,016,976 times
while I am a tarheel fan(dodging the bullets now), Im still a student of UNCC, we NEED football!!! I am so excited that our dream is one step closer to becoming a reality!

Maybe I should change my name to NINERGREEN..

Old 09-25-2008, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinablue View Post
while I am a tarheel fan(dodging the bullets now), Im still a student of UNCC, we NEED football!!! I am so excited that our dream is one step closer to becoming a reality!

Maybe I should change my name to NINERGREEN..
Now thats what I like to hear!!!! Do you have a Niner Nation shirt? Pm me if you don't, I would be happy to get you one, free of charge!

I know its hard to break ties with a team youve pulled for your entire life, trust me I do, but my friend......YOU ARE A NINER NOW!!! WELCOME TO THE NATION!

Old 09-26-2008, 10:52 AM

63 posts, read 230,167 times
not an alumni but i pledged for 4. i got a one month old son and would love to have something like that for me and him. especially cause the campus is 15 mins away!

Old 09-26-2008, 11:30 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,462,555 times
It would be great if as many people would get as excited about academic endeavors at a college as they do about football.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
It would be great if as many people would get as excited about academic endeavors at a college as they do about football.
Honestly, I will agree with that. Unfortunately they don't however. Its just common knowledge. So this is what we need to generate excitement about the school as a whole. A lot of people that are excited about this, are not just excited about the idea of football, but about what it will do for the image, community support, and the overall betterment of the school.......as well as tailgating!

Old 09-26-2008, 01:11 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,462,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinE View Post
Honestly, I will agree with that. Unfortunately they don't however. Its just common knowledge. So this is what we need to generate excitement about the school as a whole. A lot of people that are excited about this, are not just excited about the idea of football, but about what it will do for the image, community support, and the overall betterment of the school.......as well as tailgating!
LOL!

Yeah - I did my undergrad at Penn State and there were times it seemed like the entire reason for the school's existence was the football team.

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for the athletic portion of it, it just seems that sometimes people forget that the main reason for the school is education, not football (or basketball or lacrosse or whatever). As long as they don't lose sight of that - go for it!

Old 09-27-2008, 11:45 AM

63 posts, read 230,167 times
i was reading the Q & A (http://www.charlotte49erfootball.com/Q_%26_A.html - broken link) about the program and dont understand how buying a seat license doesnt guarantee someone the same seat. if they wanna make the better seats more money thats fine but it would be nice to have the same seat. it may seem silly but i would feel more like i have my own little piece of real estate for my money.

also cant figure out why they feel that they need to be non-transferable.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC2CLT View Post
i was reading the Q & A (http://www.charlotte49erfootball.com/Q_%26_A.html - broken link) about the program and dont understand how buying a seat license doesnt guarantee someone the same seat. if they wanna make the better seats more money thats fine but it would be nice to have the same seat. it may seem silly but i would feel more like i have my own little piece of real estate for my money.

also cant figure out why they feel that they need to be non-transferable.
All of this is still in the works. This is one reason they are not taking any money yet, because they have not worked out the specifics. Keep in mind, this whole idea is just a week old. They are just trying to generate interest and make sure that people are interested in buying these Seat licenses.

I will tell you they are receiving a big push to have them transferable. I also agree with you about having the "piece of real estate", and Im sure these things will be worked out before they actually start calling people from this pledge list back and actually "Selling" them on the seat licenses.

Old 10-18-2009, 12:19 AM

9 posts, read 18,705 times
i have decided that i'm calling monday to initiate my monthly payments for two PSLs. i'm thrilled that a football team is actually going to become a reality. for some strange reason, i've been a fan of unc charlotte since i was eleven. niners 4 life...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte