U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2007, 09:16 PM

673 posts, read 2,435,202 times

Advertisements

I have a few questions for anyone who bought a new construction house in a neighborhood that is either near completion or at completion. What have you seen property values do? It seems that prices in the development I purchased in have been steadily rising, and I hear they are about to have another big jump in prices when they start phase 2. I'd like to speculate on what the final homes in the neighborhood will sell for. Then, once the neighborhood is built out, how do the values of the neighborhood affect new construction neighborhoods nearby? I know that when a new community is started, builders advertise "pre-construction prices." So, if the neighborhood I just purchased in is at closeout & assuming that the last home sales are at the highest prices, then what happens when a new community is started right next door in regards to pricing? Will they start at whatever the market is in the area or will they start low (pre-construction), thus affecting appraisals of existing homes? Hope these questions made sense....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2007, 09:35 PM

7,929 posts, read 17,764,832 times
Fl which development did you buy in? Eventually the prices will cap out like everything else....

Old 02-08-2007, 05:56 AM

65 posts, read 240,008 times
Just read on several sites tha new housing is expected to fall through the first half of the year. Builders hurting and offering many incentives.

Old 02-11-2007, 10:58 PM

473 posts, read 1,452,149 times
Red face Charlotte?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1116 View Post
Just read on several sites tha new housing is expected to fall through the first half of the year. Builders hurting and offering many incentives.
In Charlotte or FL? FL is having a lot of problems and has for quite about a year, give or take. We just left Tampa in June/July and luckily sold our house and only for $10k less than listed. We have friends that have had a house in the market in New Port Richey since last April, they've dropped their price $50k, and they have new construction and incentives driving down the price of their home, with no sale in sight.

Charlotte, how I understand it, has been going full steam ahead and has only experienced mild fluxuations that are typical for the time of the year. As my realtor put it, it's more of a stable real estate market than FL and we should not expect to receive drastic appreciation like we had in FL but more steady and a more solid market to resell our home in the future. People in general, seem to be pulling out of FL due to the high insurance rates (or should I say lack of obtaining insurance?) and taxes. Seems like many are leaving FL and NY and ending up in Charlotte. Just look at the boards, Charlotte is booming!

Old 02-15-2007, 02:38 AM

58 posts, read 198,570 times
Unfortunately the BOOM will eventually catch up and the values and taxes will go up. I purchased my land and new construction at a reasonable price in November of 2005. Last year I wanted to purchase the lot next to mine which was half the size of mine and it was over $10,000 more than what I paid. I recently checked the remaining lots in the development and they have gone up 25% since I bought mine. When more and more people come into an area prices of everything seems to jump. I am hoping I do not seeany major increases for at least 10-15 years.

P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte