U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-19-2008, 08:47 AM
 
Location: Harrisburg NC
120 posts, read 283,913 times
Reputation: 74

Advertisements

Hoagie I am equally in awe of your rep points too! LMAO

 
Old 09-19-2008, 08:49 AM
 
1,800 posts, read 5,170,125 times
Reputation: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
No, no, StM . . . you are the one that would get that award!!!

Gosh, we are all so happy today. Is it Friday??????
Let the A**-kissing begin!
Yes it is Friday, the market is ralleying and Obama is comin' to town!
 
Old 09-19-2008, 08:50 AM
 
Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,285,037 times
Reputation: 2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
I want to know why I get lumped in the naughty group with Brian (not that I wouldnt mind tipping back a cold one with ya man!)? All I suggested was that there might be a worship service offered in conjunction with the rally. While I have nowhere near as many reps as Brian, my DW and kids think Im a pretty spiffy guy!

Geez...you say that like it's a bad thing!!!!!
 
Old 09-19-2008, 08:51 AM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,141,087 times
Reputation: 22373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
I want to know why I get lumped in the naughty group with Brian (not that I wouldnt mind tipping back a cold one with ya man!)? All I suggested was that there might be a worship service offered in conjunction with the rally. While I have nowhere near as many reps as Brian, my DW and kids think Im a pretty spiffy guy!
Hoagie, ya know we love you, too! We have a great group on C-D. And nothing wrong w/ some humor along the way . . . just don't want to make anyone feel bad at the same time.

Your question about church, tho, regardless of how phrased, is valid. This is a church-going town and so I did sincerely wonder about that myself.
 
Old 09-19-2008, 08:54 AM
 
1,877 posts, read 4,312,146 times
Reputation: 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodbyePA View Post
Hoagie I am equally in awe of your rep points too! LMAO
I always say- it's not the NUMBER of rep points, but how ya use em!
 
Old 09-19-2008, 08:58 AM
 
Location: Harrisburg NC
120 posts, read 283,913 times
Reputation: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
I always say- it's not the NUMBER of rep points, but how ya use em!
Now that you said that I can make the joke I wanted to make but was a bit worried about it being a bit off color.

What is it with men and them always having to have the bigger ...........amount of rep points!

Thank you! I'm here all night!
 
Old 09-19-2008, 09:09 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
85 posts, read 363,805 times
Reputation: 51
Where are the moderators when you need them? This thread has gone completely off topic.

All small minded views aside -- Charlotte should feel honored that a PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE has chosen to come rally in your city. Not many people in this country will have the chance to see their candidate speak in person.
I'll be there (as will THOUSANDS of others), so get there before 11am, don't bring any bags or signs (according to Obama's website), and be patient. It will be well worth it.
 
Old 09-19-2008, 09:15 AM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,141,087 times
Reputation: 22373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodbye Bawlmer View Post
Where are the moderators when you need them? This thread has gone completely off topic.

All small minded views aside -- Charlotte should feel honored that a PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE has chosen to come rally in your city. Not many people in this country will have the chance to see their candidate speak in person.
I'll be there (as will THOUSANDS of others), so get there before 11am, don't bring any bags or signs (according to Obama's website), and be patient. It will be well worth it.
Hey, Bawlmer! I guess you didn't read my earlier post - cause I voiced exactly that. Scroll back b/f you get defensive. We are all friends here!!!!

And as I said earlier, it is always a major event when a national candidate comes to town.
 
Old 09-19-2008, 09:22 AM
 
Location: Harrisburg NC
120 posts, read 283,913 times
Reputation: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodbye Bawlmer View Post
Where are the moderators when you need them? This thread has gone completely off topic.

All small minded views aside -- Charlotte should feel honored that a PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE has chosen to come rally in your city. Not many people in this country will have the chance to see their candidate speak in person.
I'll be there (as will THOUSANDS of others), so get there before 11am, don't bring any bags or signs (according to Obama's website), and be patient. It will be well worth it.
I was like you and got mad at first but then it hit me. My sister and I disagree on this subject and you know what we do when it gets too heated? We crack jokes, because we are far more than who we are voting for in November, and it's easy to forget that.
And to keep it on topic I think that this thread goes to show that Charlotteans whether newcomer or native recognize our differences but more importantly we embrace how we are the same.
 
Old 09-19-2008, 09:29 AM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,141,087 times
Reputation: 22373
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodbyePA View Post
I was like you and got mad at first but then it hit me. My sister and I disagree on this subject and you know what we do when it gets too heated? We crack jokes, because we are far more than who we are voting for in November, and it's easy to forget that.
And to keep it on topic I think that this thread goes to show that Charlotteans whether newcomer or native recognize our differences but more importantly we embrace how we are the same.
Now YOU get the Diplomat Award, GoodbyePA!!!! And you are exactly right.

I don't care what one's political leanings might be . . . it is always historic when a city has candidates come in! Hopefully, we will have more show up! I like to see the national candidates, but also state candidates (Congressional and Senatorial)

And let's not forget - someone wins and someone loses, so it is possible that Obama is going to be our next President. For many people, this could be the only time they would get to see him up close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top